"Hey mom."

Anna says overwhelmed by the hug.

"Hey darling... Oooo.. the food smells good."

Her mother cheerfully says as she walks into the apartment. Her mother dressed comfortably in a nice cream colored dress shirt with a sweater draped over and some jeans. Anna's sisters right behind her walking in. Angelina coming in first wearing a white shirt and light blue skirt, her curly hair hanging over her shoulders. Angel watches Anna almost semi-identical twin waltz through the door smiling at her. Kacey comes in next with jeans and a black t-shirt her hair up in a ponytail. Then Amberlynn her hair all curly as well, but in a ponytail almost wild like. She's wearing a floral sun dress. Then Jonathan comes in after all the females wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and a grey cardigan over it. Anna hugs him because she didn't earlier. He smiles hugging her back and nods to Angel. Once everybody is settled in Anna closes the door behind them. They all stand there lingering awkwardly for a moment until the silence is broken by Angel.

"Why don't you all have a seat. The food is ready to eat now."

Angel says politely gesturing her hand to the way of the table. Anna's family makes their way to the table leaving two open seats across from the table for Anna and Angel to sit. Anna walks over to the table sitting down as Angel does. Angel admiring the view of Anna's face she stared into Anna's eyes. Anna interlocking into Angel's gazed she was mesmerized.

"We have fish, rice, and salad. I hope you all enjoy."

Angel states pointing at each dish.

"This looks delicious."

Angelina says happily scanning over the food.

"Indeed it does. Shall someone say grace? Dad."

Kacey says putting Jonathan on the spot. Angel cracks a smile as Anna looks at her.

"Umm... alright."

Jonathan said as he cleared his throat putting his hands together and bowing his head down. The rest bow their heads and he begins to say a prayer. Angel looking up at Anna threw her lashes. Anna opens her eyes looking straight into Angel's. "I love you." Angel mouths. "I love you." Anna mouths back and she closes her eyes again. Once her step-father is done they all amen simultaneously. Then Anna starts by putting some rice on her plate and passing the bowl around. Everyone else awaiting patiently for the food to be tossed around.

"So, when did you move to New York?"

Kacey asks making conversation.

"I moved about two months after Anna left."

Angel says clearing her throat as she gets up from the table and walks over to the refrigerator taking out some wine. As she walks pass Jonathan notices the scars along Angel's arms. Anna catches glimpse of him looking and soon the inquisition about Angel's past will start.

"Where did you grow up?"

Jonathan asks Angel who opens the bottle of wine pouring it in each glass.

"I grew up partly in New Hampshire, and then moved to New York when I was young."

Angel responds sitting down.

"It must've been tough growing up here as a lonely child. What part of New York you grew up in?"

Jonathan's questions starting to get even more intense.

"Bronx."

Angel clears her throat taking a sip.

"Jonathan.. please."