The After-Party

Elaine's POVAfter the ceremony, it's time for the reception, or as Emmett likes to call it, the after-party

Elaine's POV
After the ceremony, it's time for the reception, or as Emmett likes to call it, the after-party.
Music is blaring from huge speakers and people are dancing.
The pack all made it to the wedding and we're currently devouring the buffet. It's a small crowd, around 50 people. Neither Carlisle, or I wanted anything big.
Carlisle gently sways me to the music, the song changing to a much softer and slower rhythm.
"Are you enjoying yourself, darling?"
I just hm softly and lay my head on his shoulder.
"It's a beautiful night to be alive."
I hear a voice say from the right of us.
I look over to see Charlie Swan standing with a silly grin on his face.
I smirk when I see Sue Clearwater walking close behind him.
"Indeed it is," Carlisle nods smiling at the two of them. His smile is so enchanting that it's almost unfair to do to humans.
"We just wanted to personally congratulate the two of you. You're a good pair." Sue says, walking to be on Charlie's side.
" And we also wanted to thank you for looking after the kids. We know you two have done a lot to look after the boys, Leah, and Bella. And the love you two have for your foster children is amazing." Charlie adds.
I start to tear up a little at their kind words and gently hug Sue. I'm so glad to see her with Charlie, I know they will make a great couple.
After they walk away, Carlisle and I go to sit at our table.
Our children, Bella, and Emily are all sat with us. We exchange small talk while waiting for the food to be served, luckily Alice did not make the dish.
When it does come out, I realize how hungry I really am and devour everything on my plate.
Bella takes small bites and talks very little.
I nudge her,
"Everything alright?" I whisper.
She looks up to me and nods,
"Just nervous about the battle. It's in less than a week now."
I nod, knowing how she feels, then, I see her shake her head.
"This day is about you guys. I'm sorry. Don't let my worries make this evening stressful for you. We'll all be okay."
She sounds like she is trying to reassure herself more than she is trying to reassure me, but I nod anyways.
"Let's have some fun, yeah?" I whisper, giving her a small smile.
She returns it and nods.
Large dishes of pasta and fish are passed around the table, the Cullens politely deny the food they are offered.
Alice pulls Jasper up to dance and they start to swing dance on the dance floor, making everyone laugh.
Billy Black makes his way to my side and congratulates me, even giving me a big hug.
I hug him back, happy to have a good relationship with the tribe's leader.
I dance with Bella, then with Emily.
Finally, it's time for the daddy/daughter dance. Obviously my dad isn't here to make the occasion, so Eddie slowly makes his way over to me, holding out his hand.
We begin to sway to the soft music, and Edward starts to talk.
"Dad would have been proud."
He says, sounding sure of himself.
"I'm sure he would have. All he ever wanted for me was to marry a rich man."
He laughs a little and nods,
"I suppose that's true. Cut the man some slack, it was what happened in those times." He pauses for a second, thinking. "I think he would also be proud of who you are, Lane. You really are amazing."
I feel like crying when he says that but hold back the tears.
I kiss his cheek lightly and then dance in silence.
After the dance, I sit back down at the table and watch.
Everyone is dancing and laughing. Carlisle is busy spinning little Alice around, Jasper watching, amused. Bella and Edward sway to the beat, looking each other in complete awe.
Sam and Emily are even holding each other close.
I can't help but think about our impending battle. What will happen if we lose? Will all of this be gone?
I can't help but smile when Carlisle beckons me towards them, but inside, I am rattled with worry.