Chapter 15: Newborn Army

Disclaimer:
I do not own the Twilight Saga, or any of the Twilight characters. I only own my characters, and the timeline.
----------------------------------------------
Elaine's POV
Sam stood next to me at the edge of the deck, looking out at the raging river. I couldn't help but look at him. Regardless of how much I didn't like him, he was a very beautiful man.
"Why are you staring?" He asks, side glancing at me. "See something you like?" he wiggles his eyebrows. I roll my eyes.
"Shut it, Sam. Like I said the day you broke my wrist, I am not interested in you."
He winces as I mention the fact that he broke my wrist. I look over to see him looking like a kicked puppy. I instantly regret being so cold, but he needs to understand, the only person I am interested in is Carlisle.
"I'm still very sorry about that,Lane. I will never be able to express my regret for doing that." He whispers.
I relax a little when he says this.
"I know you are,Sam." I say with a sigh.
"Honestly, I forgive you for that. What I can't forgive you for is what you did to Emily. She's in love with you."
Sam won't look my way, knowing that I am right. A thought occurred to me as we both looked out at the water. I look to Sam and say,
"Emily once shared with me the definition of imprinting." I start slowly. "She said that when someone imprints it puts everything into place, and you would do anything, be anything for that person. A friend, a lover, a brother. Sam. If you love me, if you truly love me, I need you to be my brother. I would be lying if I said I don't feel love for you, " He perks up for the first time tonight, "but it's not the love I feel for Carlisle, but more like the love I feel for Edward. So please, Sam. I would be honored to call myself your sister." I whisper.
He doesn't say anything for a moment, then he looks over to me, with a smile and tears in his eyes,
"I think that can be arranged. I just want you to be happy, Lane. This Carlisle guy, he makes you happy?" He asks, and I nod. "Then you should be with him. No one should stop you. And I will be there when you say I do. Not as some love sick puppy, but as a loving brother."
I smile and take his hand and squeeze it. "Thank you, Sam." He does nothing but nods, so I whisper,
"Go to her. Go to Emily. She's your one true lover. She still loved you. She misses you terribly." He is pondering the thought, when I think he is about to take me up on it. Before he can, none other than Embry Call walks out. He looks confused when he sees Sam standing there, but he quickly snaps out of it.
"Elaine, Sam, Alice saw something. We're all having a meeting in the den."
He walks back into the house, and we both stare at him. For there to be a meeting both involving the wolves and vampires, it must be over something important.
"What the hell could be going on?" Sam whispers, pulling a hand through his short hand.
"I don't know, but whatever it is, we need to be ready for it."

Sam's POV We all file into the den on the ground level of the Cullen's mansion. I had never been inside their house before but it is huge. I look over to an anxious looking Lane. I knew that the promise I made to her outside was one that I had to keep. No matter what, I would be there for her. I had to be. I lean against the wall, waiting for the blonde headed leader to come in and start talking. Finally, he walks through the door, looking frantic. He looks to Elaine and relaxes a little, but then he sees me standing next to her and tenses up again. "Sam. How nice of you to join us for our little meeting. I thought that we were going to have to have two." He tries his nicest to sound civil through clenched teeth. I can't help but smirk a little.
" I was in the area, so I decided to come and check on things. I knew some of the pack was here for Bella's party. Just wanted to make sure no trouble was started." I come up with a quick excuse.
Lane rolls her eyes next to me, but doesn't say anything about my white lie. She wanted to keep the peace.
"I had a vision." The pixie looking bloodsucker whispers. If I wasn't a shape shifter with super hearing, I would have missed it. "I saw a boy. Local, I think. I remember seeing him in the paper." "Riley Biers." Both the pixie and the mind reader say at the same time. I can't help but think about all the news reports I have been hearing from Seattle. It's a blood bath right now. I always knew that Vampires were no good, but I never thought they were capable of taking down a city like Seattle, which looked like they were about to do.
"Who the hell is Riley Biers?" Jacob asks from his spot in front of the large desk.
"A boy who went missing in Seattle a couple weeks ago. I saw Victoria and him passing around two thing. One was a red shirt. Bella's. "
at this, you can see Edward and Jacob tense.
Then, Alice looks over to Lane.
"The next was a yellow romper. I remember buying it for mom." She drifts to a whisper.
"What?"
I say tensely. Carlisle walks to stand beside Lane and wraps his arms around her waist defensively.
"They're after Lane and Bella? We're in."
Jacob says. Looking to me, and I nod.
""No. Carlisle. They are gonna get hurt."
Bella shrieks.
Lane walks out of Carlisle's arms and towards her, wrapping her in a hug.
"The newborns will be strong, but not smart. They will be driven by thirst, Bells. We are smarter, and Jasper has the knowledge to help us fight. Everything will be okay."
"Us?" Carlisle and I ask at the same time.
Lane looks towards us and says determined,
"Yeah. If you guys fight, I fight too."