Part 26- I Don't Like Sharing My Food

Start from the beginning

So I stared back at him.

“Jimmy, this is Jamie,” Chris said grandly with a melodramatic sip of his drink. “Princess, this is my mate Jimmy. He’s helping me with some YouTube stuff.” Jimmy waved his fingers at me when his name was mentioned before crossing his long arms across the chest of his blue-grey jumper.

I forced a smile as I stepped out from behind the doorframe into view. “Well…” I said slowly as I hid the bag of food behind my back, “it’s nice to meet you and all, Jimmy, but I have a lot of work to do so I should get back to…that.” I gestured over my shoulder towards the kitchen with my thumb as I slowly backed away from the lounge. By work, I meant shoving one of the meals into the freezer, grabbing a ketchup bottle for my own meal and then running to eat in my room. I didn’t want Jimmy and Chris to eat my food, okay?

“Oh, really?” Jimmy asked in a suspicious tone, effectively pausing my retreat. He looked to Chris. “I think she’s harbouring food from us.”

I nervously shuffled the bag of food behind my back. Did Jimmy have a superhuman sense of smell or something?

Before I could run and eat all of the food by myself rather than surrender the two meals I had to these two, Chris had set his mug down and was suddenly at my side. He tried to reach behind me and snatch the plastic bag from my grasp, his arms snaking down mine in a ticklish motion which made my skin tingle and jerk. I pulled my arms away from him and instead held the food to my chest.

“Seriously? That’s the best defence you have?” Chris smirked at me before trying to snatch the food away from me by grabbing at the bag’s handles which were curled up under my chin.

My mind slurred with a slight plan as to how I could deflect Chris and just eat the food myself. Could I really do that? Wouldn’t it show Chris up? Okay, showing Chris up would be a positive side effect at the very least…

It was my turn to smirk when I hastily dropped the food to the floor, put one hand on Chris’ elbow and the other at his shirt collar, pressed my hip to his abdomen, and managed to sway his balance enough so that I was standing with my back to his stomach. I then shoved him only slightly until he was lying on his side, on the floor, looking slightly winded.

I dropped down and snatched up the bag again. “You’re way too easy to trick,” I exhaled whilst checking through the contents of the bag for any damage to the food. “It’s fun.”

Chris groaned from the floor as he cupped his side and winced. I rolled my eyes. “Stop being such a baby. I only tripped you.”

“Wow,” Jimmy whistled. I looked over to him to see him taking a slow sip from the mug that was in his hands. He was looking over the brim of the mug with wide eyes which didn’t cease even when his drink was lowered. “That was bad ass.”

“Huh. Well, thanks,” I shrugged. “I guess no one gets between me and my food…”

“I’ll say… Can I have some food? I take it that actually asking will go a bit further with you than trying to physically take it from you,” he asked.

Was it just me, or did he look like he was shrinking back from me a little? Ha, this guy looked at least five inches taller than me judging by his lean frame, and here he was, shuffling away from me as if I were the murderer Chris claimed I was. It made me want to laugh to think that I was almost in a position of power right now.

I reluctantly took out one of the newspaper wrappings of fish and chips to hand to him. “You’ll have to share with Chris.”

Jimmy gave me a small nod as he accepted the package. He then looked past me to Chris, who had an arm over his eyes and was lying flat out on his back. “Will he be alright? If he’s dead, I could just eat all of this by myself.”