4| Wonderful Wonderful

6 months later
March  2018.

"Good morning Pepe!" I said to the concierge as I entered the building where my radio station was

"Good morning Maria! How are you?"

"Fine, fine" I smiled. While I walked towards the elevator, I took a sip of the coffee I just bought. The elevator stopped on the third floor, I got out and walked to where my cabin was. "Good morning everyone!"

"Good morning!" All the production staff: Fercho, Perlita and my boss Jordi answered in unison

Jordi approached me "Good morning, Maria"

"Hi Jordi"

"Hey, can I talk with you for a moment?"

"Sure!"

"There's gonna be an event next month, it's a concert, and we are gonna broadcast it, I need-"

"A concert? Who is coming?"

"The Killers"

I almost choked with my own saliva. THE KILLERS. BRANDON.

"WHAT?!" I shouted. Perlita, Fercho and Jordi started at me with a mixture of confusion and scare "Sorry, sorry" I cleared my throat

"As I was saying" Jordi continued "I need all the team to help me to broadcast the event, so Radamez and Luisa will make the promotion and will be giving free tickets each hour during the program between 15 to 18 hours, Charo and Ileana will go to broadcast the event live to 'Foro Sol' and you and Carlos will stay here to make the 'Killers special' before the concert starts"

"What?! Does that mean I will not go to the concert?"

Jordi nodded

"Bu-but-"

"Transmission starts in one minute" Fercho interrupted us

"We'll talk about this later" Jordi said

After my working day finished, I looked for Jordi, I really wanted to go and broadcast the event live "Jordi, can we talk for a moment?" I slowly approached him

"Yeah, sure. What's wrong?"

"About the concert... I..."

He stared at me with waiting eyes

"I really, really wanna go! I mean, it would be a dream come true, I know I don't have the experience Ileana or Charo have, but please give me a chance, you know me since I was five! My uncle and you changed the Mexican radio with your project "rock 101", you are my uncle's friend, I-"

"Oh, here we go again with all the "rock 101" thing. That is in the past now Maria!"

"I know! But it wasn't your fault that really few people liked listening to good music, real music. Back then my uncle and you were as young as I am now, you really wanted to change the broadcasting industry, you had dreams!"

He only stared at me, without saying a word. A slight smirk slowly appeared on his face "I can still see the 5-year-old girl I once met. I clearly remember the first time your uncle, Luis Gerardo, invited me to eat with his family. He introduced me to his brothers, sisters, cousins and his nephews and nieces. There you were, 5-year-old Maria playing to be a broadcaster. When I asked you what do you wanted to do when you grow up you said "I wanna change the world'" he chuckled "I can still see that sparkle in your eyes"

"It would be a dream come true to go and broadcast live" I sighted

A brief silence between us flooded the room