Chapter 37

"What'cha doing, Ginny?" said the figure leaning in my doorway, his twin right behind him.

"You didn't knock."

"Excuse me? I just asked you a question and you didn't answer me, young lady. What are you doing?"

"Test corrections," I told Fred through gritted teeth. "Happy?"

"Why would a top student like you need to do test corrections?" George asked, half-serious.

"Muggle Studies. But I'm stuck. I don't know what I did wrong on any of these, and I would rather not have a zero. If you got a 50 or below you could correct your test for half credit back."

"Well, let's see then...oh dear," Fred said, frowning. "I don't see what you did wrong either."

"Me neither. Maybe we should get Dad," George suggested mischievously. We all knew that Dad would be outraged if he saw what I had to correct.

"Great idea, George. Hey Dad!" Fred yelled at the top of his lungs.

A pair of feet belonging to a very agitated father bounded up the stairs. "What?" Dad snapped.

"I'm having trouble with Muggle Studies. I'm correcting that test I failed, but I don't understand it. Can you help?"

Dad's expression seemed to soften when he heard the word Muggle. "Of course, Ginny. Why didn't you just say so? Now, let's see this, then."

"I thought we could start with question 1, for obvious reasons." I scanned the question again. 

Check all the correct answers (4 pts):

What filth are wizards superior to?                   Unanswered: -4

-Muggles

-Blood traitors

-Mudbloods

-Half-breeds

The three of us watched as Dad read the question. Finally, Fred couldn't contain it anymore and bursted out laughing.

"This is not a laughing matter, young man," Dad scolded, his brow furrowed.

"Arthur, dear, Remus and Tonks are here!" called Mum from downstairs.

"Coming!" Dad shot one last glare at Fred and bounded down the stairs.

"Well, this should be fun," George mumbled as he and Fred followed Dad to the kitchen.

Remus and Tonks. This should be fun.