chapter 1 [WinterCamp]

Everyone crowded around the entrance of the cave. EmeraldStar was finally having her pups, and GoldenFeather was inside helping her. RiverStripe was mentally bouncing up and down with excitement. DragonClaw sat straight with a smile. A.j. was running around. Sometimes SkySong, her Mentor, had to stop her from running in the cave.

Once GoldenFeather finally came out, everyone got hyped. Wolves started to shout and go wild. GoldenFeather picked wolf after wolf to come in and see the pups. Finally, it was RiverStripe's turn. She dipped her head at the medicine apprentice and walked in.

She saw EmeraldStar laid down on her side. She had 2 pups sleeping next to each other.

"Welcome," ErmeraldStar greeted. RiverStripe walked over to the pups. They were both girls. "They're so cute!" RiverStripe exclaimed quietly.

ErmeraldStar dipped her head in thanks. "This one's SeedPelt," she said pointed to one pup. "And this one is ShimmerPoppy."

"They look like you! I can't wait to see their eye colors!" RiverStripe purred. Once GoldenFeather came back into the cave, RiverStripe knew that it was her time to leave. She said goodbye and left the cave. DragonClaw went next after her. "They're so cute," RiverStripe whispered to DragonClaw as she walked past him.

ShadowPelt walked over to RiverStripe. Since everyone has crowed around the new pups, no one would go get prey. So he decided to take his apprentice hunting. It would benefit both the apprentice and the camp.

RiverStripe greeted her Mentor. ShadowPelt explained why they should go hunt, and RiverStripe agreed.

They walked into the forest. RiverStripe was happy to be away from that cave that they stayed in for so long. They were back at their camp. The camp was a small field with 7 small caves surrounded it, and trees in the background, lots of trees. It was the perfect place for a camp.

ShadowPelt was now familiar with the forest. Although it had only been one season since he's joined, he went on many patrols and was one of the most powerful guardians in the camp.

The 2 wolves came across a herd of lions. "I thought lions lived in the fields, what are they doing in the forest?!" RiverStripe whispered yelled to her mentor, as she tensed up. ShadowPelt crouched down in the tall grass.

"I don't know. It's quite obvious this is a forest. But don't go doing anything stupid. We need to sneak away." ShadowPelt muttered. RiverStripe crouched down next to him. Although, the grass didn't nearly cover most of them, even when crouching down, it was better than standing up.

The 2 quietly turned around a crawled back. The leader of the herd of lions roared loudly, which startled RiverStripe and she shot up and ran as if the lions saw them. ShadowPelt was anger and confused on why RiverStripe ran. Another roar was heard, as ShadowPelt quickly turned his attention to the lions. They obviously noticed the wolves.

ShadowPelt shot up and ran away from the lions. Once he caught up to RiverStripe, who was waiting for her Mentor, they both dashed off, only to be met with leopards. Luckily, it was just 3 leopards, and 1 wolf could take on 3 leopards. "Lets kills them!" RiverStripe smirked. She pounced upon one of the leopards, and ShadowPelt had to immediately take action and pounced on the other 2.

Once RiverStripe finished off the leopard she was fighting, she ran over to ShadowPelt and took on the other leopard. It was much easier for ShadowPelt to finish of the leopard now, and he was done by one bite on the neck. RiverStripe was still fighting the leopard she had now, and ShadowPelt pounced from its side and gave it one nasty claw mark. It fell to the ground and stayed there for a moment, giving RiverStripe the opportunity to kill it.