Chapter 1 : Withdrawal from sleep

Dry thunder crashed through the night sky on that one dreary night . Shadow slept heavy in his bed , peaceful , not a single movement . In the next room to his slept his 13 year old daughter , cuddled up in pink blanket .
A dream entered both of their minds . More like a sad memory :

Shadow : ( holding his baby girl , crying )
Moon : ( his daughter . Crying )

Sonic : ( laying dead on the grass under Tails' Plane )

Shadow : now we are alone ... ( looks at Moon in his arms . Red eyes dripping tears )
Moon : ( looks at him with her small tear filled teal eyes , pixie short red hair tangled .) D-daddy ... I'm scared .
Shadow : ( gives her a small reassuring smile ) it's ok , ( looks down at Sonic ) I will protect you , and train you , so you can fight with me against that foolish Scientist . ( looks up at the night sky , glares and grits his teeth ) the resistance won't die in vain !

After the flash back , a loud crash that wasn't lightning , woke Shadow up from his sleep . His heart was pounding in his chest , his chest was rising and falling rapidly . His was full of worry .
" Moon!!" He exclaimed and ran into his daughters room , swinging open the door . 
Moon was standing up on her bed , scared out of her wits , " Dad !" She yelled and ran to him , taking her father in a big hug .  
Shadow looked down at his daughter , she was crying . " I thought he got you !"
What did she mean ?
" what do you mean ? Who ?" He looked her in the eyes and asked .
Before the young teen could get a word in , the same loud crash sounded through the hall .
Shadows eyes shot wide open as he felt a  searing pain in his leg .
" AGH !!" He screamed and holding his leg , collapsed onto the ground . 
" DADDY !!" Moon screamed as she held her father in her arms . She looked up to see the culprit . It was a man with long grey and black hair , his eyes were a glowing gold . He was emotionless as a dead man .  
It took no time for the guy to raise his gun at the girl . " Away from Shadow . Now . " he said . His monotone voice shook Moon to her core , but beside that , she saw competition .
" Never ." She said , a small grin forming on her lips . 
The man snarled and rested the nose of his gun on Shadows head . " I will end him !"
Moon didn't think fast . She opened her huge bat wings and flew at him , knocking the gun out of his hand , making it fire upwards , creating a hole in the ceiling . After that she was around , stood over her dad , and round house kicked the villain right in the side of the head , knocking him out cold .  
She ran across the room where the gun lay and picked it up , quickly pointing it at the man .
Shadow , despite his pain, got up off the floor and did the same , pointing his gun at the man .
" Thankyou Moon ." He said .
Moon smiled at him " no problem dad. Who is this guy anyway?" She asked .
Shadow snarled " Genocide Ru ." He said " the one who killed your mother ."
Moons eyes filled with anger ," how DARE HE !!" And with that she was about to pull the trigger . Shadow laid his hand on her shoulder " Calm Moon . He will pay his toll when he wakes . We need to get out of here."
Moon shook her head in agreement , then looked down at her dads leg .
" dad , your bleeding very bad ." 
Shadow was aware of this , but at the moment didn't care , all he could care about was getting him and his daughter out of that place . Although it was their home , it was high time they moved on .
All the resistance were dead , team Chaotix were gone , Sonic was killed in a so-called 'accident' by Tails' plane crashing and Tails went missing .
Infinite gathered a league of clones to fight with him against Shadow , the whole world was at obnoxious war , it was the apocalypse for Möbius and Shadow knew it . Him and his daughter , they both knew it . It had to end .  Shadow limped out of the house , his daughter in tow as they both quickened their pace from a slow walk to a full on run out into the city .
The sky was red , that same ugly , eerie , red that Shadow experienced when he was fighting Black Doom  .
He looked over at his daughter , who's eyes were filled with vengeance . It reminded him of himself when he was that age .  She was angry at the man that killed her mother . She believed the whole world was her enemy , she was going to fight like she always had . 
Shadow saw so much of himself in Moon at that moment , that it was almost terrifying .