"Fight me all you want, but you will lose. I don't plan on going anywhere. I will win you back, baby." He muttered as he took my mouth.

My eyes widened as I tried pushing him off again, but Ryder had me crushed against him.

What felt like minutes, he pulled his head away from mine as I glared at him. He had that cocky smug look on his face as I shivered and he released me.

"That I promise." He told me before heading to the door. I went to the table and picked up the nearly empty bourbon bottle and threw it at the door as he closed it, the neck hitting the door, shattering.

"Bastard!"

I could feel myself floating as we spun around and around. His hands on my waist as I was on my tip toes, lips locked.

Everyone in the room now gone, the music barely audible as we danced together. We pulled apart and I giggled, slightly embarrassed.

"Are you blushing, Mrs Anderson?" I heard the playful tease.

I peeked a look under my lashes as I saw him staring at me, angrily. Frowning, I looked around. How did we get from our wedding reception to the house?

"You cheating bitch!" Ryder yelled at me.

I flinched as I stepped back. "Wait, no! I haven't! Ryder!" I cried out as he disappeared from me.

Before I knew it, I was somewhere I haven't seen in many years. I was in a dining room, looking at the table.

I could feel how hungry I was as I climbed up the chair. I looked at what was on the table. There were bags with white stuff and little lollies.

I greedily went to them. I'm so hungry. The nice man isn't here yet to get my food. I took a lolly and placed it in my mouth as my hand went to an open bag.

I dug my little fingers through it as tried some, sucking on my fingers as I put my other hand in the bag. I pulled a face. This isn't yummy.

"Rhea!" I heard the shriek as I was pushed off the chair.

I landed on the floor.

"What are you doing you stupid girl?"

"I'm hungry!" I cried out.

"How many times have I told you to stay out off my shit, Rhea?"

"I'm sorry Mummy!" I cried again.

I woke with a jolt. Why am I having this dream? I took deep and shaky breathes as I sat up in my bed.

I can handle the stupid warped dreams of my failed marriage, but not my young childhood. It took five years with a psychiatrist to help me block them. Another eight with a psychologist. And a very high medical bill my aunt and uncle were more than happy to pay.

I felt the pain in my hand as I whined, remembering my earlier accident.

I could see the sky lightening up outside as I got up. I'm awake now, may as well start my day.

****

"Only ten letters this week?" Jan asked me at the door.

I stared over my glasses to her. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I've had personal problems over the past couple weeks." And it's really been piling on.

Jam gave me a stern look. "Well I hope it doesn't affect your column."

"Excuse me."

Jan turned to the voice behind her as I also tried looking.