"... I... I most certainly am, indeed..." whispered Jeremiah,a smile visible despite his hands.

"AHAH ! TABITHA YOU OWE ME 10 BUCKS!" said Ivy, a big smile on her face.

"You two had a bet?!" said Jeremiah.

"Yep." said Tabitha, handing a bill to Ivy, that had a big smile.

"Me, I bet that this song is about you, Os."said Victor

Wait... THAT BITCH READ MY MESSAGES?!

"You... You read my messages?!" I said, blushing.

Victor nodded, with a mischevious smile.

"What song?" asked Barbara.

"Nothing!" I said quickly.

"His crush wrote a song and won't tell Os what it's about and he said it'd be a surprise." said Victor.

"VICTOR !" I yelled, turning bright red. "IIt won't be about me... Ed is straight."

"Yeah, sure. Straight. Man the only people I know that are gayer than him are you and Elton John." said Victor, laughing.

I looked down at the table.

"Stop giving me hope. Ed is a straight boy." I said

"For what I saw of your skypes... He's not. The way he looks at you, with so much affection, respect, and love... That's incredible." said Jeremiah before eating again. I blushed and didn't add anything. We often skyped even though we weren't alone. That's how Ed met Tabitha, Jeremiah, Jerome and Victor.

When I came home, I sighed. I left my phone at home, after feeding my cat, and grabbed some money. I went to the florist. I then went to my mother's grave.

"Hello mum. It's me." I said. I set the flowers on the graave. Lilies. It was her favourite. I'm 17 and my mother passed away when I was 14. I missed her so, so much. I went to live with my father and when I turned sixteen, I got my own apartement, not too far from his.

I kneeled down, tears running down my face.

When I got up, I ran to my father's place.

When he opened the door, he immediatly understood. He hugged me tight.

"I...I miss her... Dad..." I whimpered.

"I know, Os... I know." He led me to the couch and made hot cocoa.

I felt better when I left. I came home to a thousand messages.

Finn came to rub himself against my legs. I smiled and carried him while I checked my messages. I only replied to Ed.

"Sorry, was at the cemetery."

"Are you okay??"

"I suppose I just miss her so much."

I laid on the couch and I fell asleep on it.

Months passed, and it was the last day of school. We all went to sat on the football field. There was a good half of the school, as no one really had classes. We sat in the middle. Everyone was chatting and laughing.

"Oswald ? We have a surprise for you." said Jim with a smile. He helped me up. "Close your eyes."

I did as I was told. He turned me around and put his hands on my eyes. Everyone has shut up around us. We stayed like this for like two minutes

"Ready?" aksed Jim. I nodded. "Open your eyes." He removed his hands.

At first, I didn't see what was going on. Then I spotted someone. Someone as clueless as I was.