Internet Friends

Ed.

Just Ed. That' was the only thing I could think about, during those fucking boring maths class. Ed and the way he smiled, Ed and the way he laughed, Ed and the way he played guitar... Ed and the way he told me, last night, that we would meet.

Ed was my hope. My safe heaven. The one who knew me better than anybody.

I met Ed four years ago, on the Internet. We were both followers of the same twitter account, about music. I was a big fan of metal, and so was he. He liked almost everything in music. From the pop to metal. He knew everything too. He was smarter than any body I knew.

The first time we actually talked was under a video he posted. It was just him, playing his guitar. I continued the song, and finally we made two whole songs like that, posting videos under the other's.

We soon became friends, then best friends.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I got it out, trying not to get caught. It was Jerome, at the other end of the room.

"BITCH STOP THINKING ABOUT ED THAT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS." I blushed and tried my hardest not to laugh.

"C'mon, thinking about him is funnier than this class. And look at your brother, I bet he's thinking about Jamie." we both looked to Jeremiah, that was beside a girl. The teacher understood that we couldn't be at the same table, the three of us. Jeremiah was more avanced than us on maths classes, so he was just staring into the distance, a small smile on his lips.

"You're right." answered Jerome. He then sent a message on the groupchat. He was quick and took a pic of Jeremiah.

"Guys, look at how in love this fucking twat look..."

Jeremiah took out his phone and shoot a death glare at Jerome.

"I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH JAMIE YOU BUNCH OF CRACKHEADS."

"We never said you were... Funny that you assumed we did." I sent. Another death glare, towards me. The bell rang in the corridor. I immadiatly got up, packed my thing and left. Soon, Jerome and Jeremiah were beside me. My phone rang.

"From : My Riddler Boi

Ozziiiiiie ! Good morning !" I checked the time.

"So you just woke up. At 12."

"Yes bitch. wHATCHA GONNA DO?!" I laughed.

"Smack you." I put my phone in my pocket and we went to lunch. To our lunch table were Victor Zsasz, Barbara Kean, Jim Gordon, Lee Thompkins, Tabitha Galavan, Bruce Wayne, Ivy Pepper and Selina Kyle. We sat with them, and I took my phone out.

"From : My Riddler Boi

OSWAAAAALD ! I'm bored."

"Well, work on your songs !"

"I wrote one last night."

"Really? About what ?"

"Can't tell you. Will be a surprise."

We were eating when a boy with ruffled brown hair and big green eyes came inside. I tapped Jeremiah's knee and he looked up from his sandwich. A smile lit up his face. The boy smiled and came to him, planting a soft kiss oon his cheek and then going away.

We waited for him to be out of sight, then we all turned to Jeremiah. He had took off his glasses and buried his face in his hands.

"You're in love, brother." Said Jerome, with a smile.