Part 1

One week.

Just one week left.

Seven more days and she,  Anushka Sharma Kohli , wife of Virat Kohli would be out of his life.

Seven more days for the contract to end. Then,  she would no longer be the wife of The Virat Kohli. Neither would The Virat Kohli be her husband anymore.

One week and she would again become Anushka Shar... Oops.... Anushka.  Just Anushka. Neither a Kohli nor a Sharma anymore. She doesn't know if her Ma,  papa or Bhai will forgive her or not !

Actually she never wanted that to happen. Why would she?  It was her fault after all.

True,  she dated him for years.
True,  their families wanted them hitched.

But a runaway marriage , that too for only eight months.......um.... No,  not acceptable.

They needed a reason but she could give none , while he refused to reply. Her pleas or apology nothing could bring the reason from him.

She sighed and looked through the glass window of their... His farmhouse  only to see the barren land in front of her.

She silently cried over her fate.

Every member of the Sharma's and Kohli's abandoned them for this sudden marriage. They refused to accept Anushka as a Kohli. Then her husband brought her in his farmhouse.

She doesn't remember how the world looks like. She didn't step out of this house since she entered.  24*7 scrutinizing cameras and tight security  never gave her a chance to see this beautiful world in the past couple of months.

Her phone was thrown into the garbage. And the  Land-line connections were cut off , restricting her in the 4 BHK flat. The only communication mode was his phone,  which he never let her use.

In these months,  only once she had gone out that too with hell lot of pleas,  but that too did not last long as they returned halfway.

None of their family visited them until now. But she knew that Virat did visit his 9 months pregnant (elder) sister regularly. Only one person forgave HER. Her Bhai. He did talk to her via Virat. But whenever he wished to meet her,  he straight away denied.

She is performing her wifely duties without fail.  No. No. He made her do them forcefully. Washing clothes,  cooking,  ironing his clothes,  and not to forget pleasuring him in bed ... Her days start with her husband's harsh tantrums and ends with her painful cries. She still can't forget the night he forced her....

"Nush ! Baby , you surprised me. Are you still abstinate! "

These words made it clear enough to her about what he thinks bout her. He hates her!  He bloody hates her. She is nothing but a gold digger to him. He never leaves a chance to taunt her. He manhandled her,  tortured her day and night.

Night!  The word itself was enough for a shiver to run down her spine. He was the dominant one. And his harshness knew no bounds.

Him being at home was not a good sign for her. She had anyways become accustomed to his rudeness. She could no longer look at her self in the mirror.  Her place face,  lean and bone probbed skin told it all.

But what kept haunting was the question WHY  ?!?!

Why on the earth did he hate her so much ? Why could he never love her? Why couldn't he become hers ? Why?

But she got all her answers last night.

*****

It was Karwachauth last night. So,  she did fast for her husband. She kept waiting for him to break her fast. But it was quite late when he returned. She knew it was purposely done.

He looked venomously at the lean figure in yellow saari at the balcony. 

" If you think that I will break your fast,  then you better come out of the dream land. "  he escaped to the washroom.

After a relaxing one hour bath,  he came out of the washroom humming.

Anushka stood at the same place. Not moving an inch.

Anger surged him up.  He rushed towards her and held her arms as tight as possible.

" What the hell ! Why this drama and fake concern Anushka?  "

" I just wish you to break my fast. Is it too much " tears pooled up in her doe eyes.

" Yes! It is just too much. You don't deserve this. You are nothing to me. I don't accept you as my wife. Do you get that. Dammit!  " he screamed on her face.

" Listen,  I never wish to see your face after this contract is over. But see the irony.  My jijaji  happens to be your brother. So I have no choice....... " his words fell on deaf ears as his previous words still rang in her ear.

'Not my wife ' Then what is she?  His mistress? 

She blinked back her tears and broke her fast herself.

******

" Ma'am your lunch " the maids voice broke her chain of thoughts.

" Yeah keep it " she said halfheartedly. 

" Listen can you please do me a favor?  " she pleaded.

Though scared the servant agreed. Considering she witnessed each and every torture she went through,  she had developed a soft corner for Anushka.

" Can you please get me a...... "

To be continued........