Chapter 8 Bertia (14 years old)[2]

Start from the beginning

The cookies that Joanna-jyou made, made everyone noblewoman guiding her, including the great cook Silica-jyou, tilt their head in confusion on the mysterious object created by her.

Even if it's on the not very tasty but still edible, upon giving it to Shaun, of course his response would be quite lacking.

Looking at his figure, Joanna-jyou looked a little bit downhearted.... but I think that's good in a sense.

She who's confident and is perfect at everything, made Shaun a little uneasy with her. Looking her like this, he started to think that in the end she is just a normal girl.

The miss perfect Joanna-jyou, felt really downhearted because she [can't do it]. Trying to console her, Shaun started to loosen up to her and even his feeling to protect her starts to bud.

At the end when she regained her spirits,[Ah, so Your highness,Shaun wanted to feel being depended on sometimes] and she started to understand the trick to handle him. At times she would periodically depend on him, or act depressed in front of him. By doing that, Shaun started to gain confidence as a man and started to recognize her as [someone to protect and support].

Even if it's initially an act by Joanna-jyou to make Shaun care for her, without noticing it, Joanna-jyou who's comforted because of Shaun started to exude a calmed down, dignified feeling.

That's why even if the plan is a failure, the result is alright.

By the way Bertia's reaction to that is [ It's just as I intended it to be!]. Although she sounded haughty, she didn't really do anything and she said that while averting her eyes.

The year passed by with all of those happenings, and we the third years graduated the middle school in spring without any trouble.

Then in exchange for us who went into first year of high school, the student council is succeeded by the former second year, Kulder and Anne-jyou.

Being a second years, the days passed normally since Bertia's lifestyle doesn't change that much.

That is fine. That is fine but.... coming here personally, I'm unsatisfied with something.

[Unsatisfied]

Yeah. I think this feeling is called [unsatisfied] or [irritated].

Usually, I don't get swayed much by my own feeling. So rarely having this much negative feeling on me, I think I certainly are feeling something akin to [anger] at the moment.

because......

"Hey, Bertia? Ever since we entered high school, although I always heard about your stuff from my friends, I have a feeling that I rarely see you despite of that. Why is it?"

Taking the second serving of the tea into my mouth, I smiled when asking Bertia who's trying to take the snacks into her mouth while tilting her head.

Then, acting as she's thinking, she exclaimed [I just realised now that you say it] and nodded energetically as if she just realized it now

"Since your highness' conquering event mainly occurs on the first year of middle school, after you went to high school there is rarely such an event.That's the reason why your conquering difficulty is at max, and was even said to be un-breachable. In contrast, the conquering event for Kulgan-sama is at its most now that he had became the student council president. In comparison prince Shaun's conquering event is less this year but will become more starting next year. Then excluding your highness, the conquerable 3rd year group.... I mean the ex 3rd year group, Charles-sama, Bard-sama and Nert-sama has a little bit of event here and there since the rival noblewoman is still in the middle school division. I was busy preventing those event and i ended up unable to meet your highness."(Bertia)