Chapter 7: Bertia (14 years old)[1]

Start from the beginning

Noticing my smile has a certain pressure at it, she tried her best to make an excuse.

Although, as her fiancé, that's nothing but meddlesome matters.

The only merit, would be that seeing her figure of doing (futile) effort is sometimes (interesting) cute.

While baroness Heronia is quite a stalwart and interesting person, she's not as interesting as Bertia so I don't really admire her...... Recently there's even a part of me thought of her as a little bit troublesome.

In the first place, it troubles me when I didn't give her any roses she told [Your highness, thank you for the beautiful roses that you sent me earlier. I was so happy that I display it nearby my windows]. Furthermore, although we didn't have any interaction before, she would tell me about her bird—the light spirit and say [Pi-chan isn't easily attracted to people, but your highness seems different. She must like me being together with your highness]
......... At the time, hearing her story the bird-like spirit hurriedly wanted to make it a fait accompli and rushes to me in a great momentum, I was perplexed and I almost reflexively smashed that bird. 2

I immediately calmed down and dodged half a step to avoid it, in the end the bird-like thing couldn't stop in time and crashed into the wall. After that it couldn't fly straight for a while but that wasn't really my fault.

I only dodged it by half a step.

It's that baroness Heronia and bird like thing that asked for it.

That's why when she screamed behind me [No, don't mind it and you also don't need to apologize. Ah, but I have some problem with my studies, and I would be happy if you could teach me later], I just ignored her and leave the place.

In the first place, if that thing really crashed into me, there is a chance that I might get hurt, thus dodging it as self-defense would be a given.

Our not interaction like interaction usually has that kind of feeling. 3

I think that her speech actually does match Bertia's past life story and it might be interesting to observe her for a while but at the moment I don't have a speck of interest on her.

In the first place, most of the time her speech pattern is following a script and it's not really interesting that way.

It's like an ad-libing show that has a lot of interesting actor on it, and there's this new guy who act following the script and couldn't follow the flow of the stage.

Well if she's just forcibly following the [scenario] in the [otome game] that bertia always talked about. That's exactly what she's doing isn't it? 4

But I don't really care about that and I don't have any interest in it.

"Ac-actually I did ask Joanna-sama and the others to introduce Heronia-sama to your highness. But they would always refuse me by saying [Bertia-sama, that kind of kindness can hurt people you know?] or [There's nothing worst than getting helped by the partner of your illicit loves.]"(Bertia)

I'm sure because they don't know what's Bertia true motive, they thought that she was pitying baroness Heronia for having illicit love on me and would like for her to have a little bit of sweet memories in doing so and misunderstand her favor as an act of kindness.

Then, I'm sure Bertia who's downhearted and tilting her head right now as she tried to mimic Joanna-jyou's speech, didn't understand anything that they're trying to tell her.

"Bertia, I have my own reasons for keeping my distance with baroness Heronia. That's why, you don't need to try so hard and just look over me okay?"(Cecil)