Chap. 8: Lost in Sound

"Well, Saku-nee, it appears we're lost." Kono-kun stated with a grim smile as he looked at me, the map in his hands useless. I stared at him before karate chopping his head. A cry escaped him as he grabbed his head.

"And who's fault is that, you moron?!" I ignored the birds who were staring at us strangely. Honestly, right when we arrive to the forest surrounding the Land of Sound, we got lost because of someone who can't read maps! Before I could get too angry, we felt 3 chakras approaching. Giving him a look that promised a punishment, we both hid our chakra and hid in the greenery. The chakras felt sort of familiar, but I couldn't put a name on it.

Yet when they landed in the clearing, we didn't have too. My eyes widen as I recognized the two figures. I hopped out of the tree I'd been crouching in, Kono-kun cautiously following my lead, landing behind them. He cast me an inquiring glance to which I nod. 'Yeah, these three are from my generation.' His eyes widened in alarm, and looked at the teens who were already staring at us. I kept a blank face on as I looked at Kiba, Sai, and Akamaru.

"Would you guys care for a cup of tea? Maybe some cookies?"

~~~~~ Place/time shift~~~~~

I ignored the small brunette who kept tossing me baffled looks. I finally looked over at him as I continued heating the tea ((A/N: I'mma warn you all now, I don't know a thing about cooking, so I'm winging it :D)). "Kono-kun, are you serious right now? Have you not felt their chakra while we ran?"

Sai spoke up before chibi-chan could. "Oh? You knew we were there the whole time?"

I tossed him a pleasant smile. "You guys need to work on hiding your chakra more, especially you, Aka-kun." The huge dog gave me an innocent look as he barked out his reply. Kiba nearly choked on his cookie as he sputtered. "What do you mean you weren't cloaking your chakra?! Were you doing it on purpose?!"

It took all my willpower to hide my laugh as he began arguing with his partner. Kono-kun spoke up suddenly. "Hey, Kiba, Sai?"

The partners stopped arguing as they looked over to my small pack member and Sai replied. "Yes? What is it, Pinecone?"

Chibi's eyebrow twitched before he asked, "When were you two gonna come out of the closet and admit your relationship?"

Everything went still, all of us uncomprehending what he was asking before it clicked. The reactions are the following: Kiba turned a nice shade of tomato, Sai fainted from shock, Aka-kun began letting out dog howls of laughter, Chibi looked on with false innocence, and me? I don't think I've ever laughed so much in a long time.

Ta-da!!! An update! I am so sorry for this being late, blame it on school. Also for the fact that you guys are actually reading this, I'm really grateful ^-^ Please accept my future apologies for late updates. I'll try my best. What do you guys want to happen in the story from this point on? I've asked before, I know, but I'd still like to have more ideas, so I can toss away the unforgivable writer's block. I've already Incorporated one idea by xXUncool-GirlXx, albeit it may not be what she expected. O.O" Sorry if it's not, but if you enjoyed it... I think I might add my own twists to your ideas, just a fair warning. But yeah! I have a question. I'm sorta, kinda tempted to start a Prince of Tennis, a One Piece, and a Black Butler fanfic. Should I? I'll still update this one, I promise, but some of my other books may go on hold.. I'll let you guys think about that idea while I head off to the next chapter. Kiba and Aka-kun will be off to the side. See ya next time!