One... Two... Three... Four... Five...

Jasey felt herself finally start to nod off.

"Jasey!"

"D-dad?" She yelled back. She flung her head off of her pillow. There was drool everywhere. Ew, she thought. Jasey checked the alarm clock; it was only 9am, but it was Halloween. Thank God Jasey remembered to tell her dad to wake her up early if she slept in.

Her head was absolutely beyond
pounding. Her ears rang and her mouth felt stuck from the dryness. But she needed to get up. She only had a half an hour before Jack would be picking her up.

After taking a quick, freezing cold shower to wake herself up, Jasey took 30 seconds to pick out her outfit. A very much oversized black sweatshirt (that probably belonged to Rian at one point), and a pair of blue mom jeans. On her feet were doc martins and her hair was just sitting on her shoulders. She never put any effort in her look. Like, ever. Because why should she?

Although, today she had taken the time to attempt to do some makeup simply to cover up the eye-bags that she had acquired from the sleepless night. It was a shame she couldn't do anything about the red cracky-ness that engulfed the whites of her eyes like tree branches in the sky. However, Jasey hated the way her face looked in the end and washed all the makeup off entirely and just prayed that her dad wouldn't be too concerned with the way she looked.

"You leavin'?" He asked her sweetly as she bounced down the stairs. His voice was softer now that he saw his beautiful daughter was standing a few feet behind him, fully dressed and smiling.

"G-going on t-the porch." She corrected. She could smell that he had made them both waffles though, so she grabbed one and gave him a big hug before she actually did so.

Her loving father then proceeded to ask if she was waiting for her friends to pick her up (which he instinctively already knew the answer to), to which she nodded happily.

"Be careful!" He had yelled as the door slammed shut behind her. "Ugh, this kid." He wished she would be more cautious. But if only he knew how cautious she really was.

The fear and confusion that constantly swirled inside of her was something he never seemed to pick up on. Honestly, if he had maybe it would've made him calmer himself, but he wasn't home nearly as much to even begin to notice something like that.

Jasey sat on the steps leading up to her front door and stared at her feet. Her stomach was tied in knots. Her fingers were shaking. Her breath was heavy. And yet, now there were 2 things on her mind; the house- obviously- and a boy.

Alex was never the main focus of her mind (or at least, not that she knew of), but for some reason today he was. She liked to talk about him with Rian a lot. In fact, yesterday they actually spent a full half-hour on the subject. Rian, however, wasn't listening. He was more focused on the posters on Jasey's walls. He never really listened while she babbled on about Alex. To be frank, he had no interest. If he had, then they both would've already realized that she had a crush.

Jasey brushed away the thoughts of Alex and blamed it on her sleep deprivation. It couldn't have been more than that anyway.

It was a bit chilly out, but nothing her sweatshirt couldn't handle. It was oddly cool for late October, but Jasey wasn't complaining about it. The girl loved fall. The dead leaves on the street, warm coffee, rotting pumpkins, football on tv, chilly walks with her dad ever-so-often; it was perfect. It made her feel like a child again.

She listened as car after car passed. She let herself wait patiently for the red one that was destined to come for her any second now. Miscellaneous rocks and garbage kicked out from under the tires. Nothing seemed sadder to her than that.

Sure enough, as soon as she let it slip her mind for just a teensy second, Jack's car pulled up at full speed with the song "Hotel California" blasting, only helping to further scare Jasey. That song gave her the creeps. 

"Get in!" Jack called as he honked his horn obnoxiously. Oh, what the neighbors would've thought...

Jasey shook with fear, but picked herself up anyway for there was no turning back now. She climbed into the backseat. Hastily, she clicked her seatbelt into place and gulped.

"We gotta get Ri and Zack. Then we'll do whatever until tonight." Jack laughed. "So happy it's a Saturday. Perfect for tonight."

"That sounds so sexual," Alex thought aloud.

Jasey didn't even have the energy to laugh at him.