The screw up.

Loud, restless chatter filled the hallway, as Millie shut her locker door closed. She sighed, the feeling of the cold, metallic locker the only thing keeping her from fainting right on the spot.

Her eyes were bloodshot, it looked like she was on drugs but she was nowhere near it. She hadn't been sleeping at all. Each time she shut her eyes all she could see was the broken looks on Finn Wolfhard's face when she told him he meant nothing.

The look of betrayal shown in those deep brown, glassy eyes that day was overwhelming.  It sent shivers down her spine and not in the good way.

It was like those brown eyes that usually shined with love and excitement had been turned into a dark void, like he took that privilege away from her, that she didn't deserve his love and affection.

She frowned as she rested her back against her locker, tilting her head back in frustration, closing her eyes that were currently stinging so much she wanted to break out crying.

"You know wearing makeup wouldn't hurt." She heard the voice that somehow also sounded like nails against a blackboard constantly.

She didn't respond, she didn't even open her eyes, until she felt his wet, sloppy kisses against her neck.

"Stop. We're in public." Millie voiced sternly. Public or not she didn't want to have to experience that.

Ever.

"I don't care." He responds, kissing her neck aggressively.

"She said to stop." She heard his voice say from behind the elf. It made her heart pound, and when she made eye contact with those sparkling brown eyes, she got goosebumps.

Jacob suddenly stopped kissing her neck, as he visibly tensed. He turned around and scowled.

"Not that it's any of your business creep, but she's enjoying it." Jacob smirked, turning around to face him fully.

"I don't think when a girl says to "stop" it means they are enjoying it." The boy replied, stepping closer to Jacob, towering over him.

"whatever dickhead." Jacob replied, you could very clearly see the glint of fear in his eyes that he was trying to hide.

He doesn't know why he was so scared, Finn is a softie but the clear disregard he had for school rules in this moment of time where he had an unlit cigarette in between his perfectly smooth lips, made his mind travel down a fearful and dreaded road.

"It's not whatever, if you touch her one more time when she says for you to stop, I will break every bone in your stupid little elf body, and I won't stop there" Finn spits, slightly shoving him.

Oh Finn, what do you think you're doing? Millie asks herself. She loved how he was standing up for her, even after she rejected him but Jacob still has the power in this situation.

"It's fine Finn. Jacob was just trying to be a good boyfriend. Just leave the situation alone before anyone gets hurt." Millie smiles reassuringly, but Finn can see right through her. He clenches his jaw, removing the unlit cigarette from his lips as he lets out a sadistic chuckle. Every bodies attention was focussed on them now