The Heartbreak

He walked into the house, letting out an extremely shaky breath, startled by the sound of the door being shut closed behind him.

He just showed up in front of Millie's house expecting his offer to talk to her to be almost immediately rejected, but (much to his surprise) she accepted.

The curly haired boy turned around and almost immediately regretted it. He realised just how close they were, chests merely centimetres away from touching, her back pinned up against her front door. He had to admit to himself that he did quite like this position.

Her breathing hitched almost immediately as she turned around, meeting his extreme gaze. She was immensely happy that she was finally talking to him, but in this moment of time, where their hitched breaths were the only sound filling the quiet air, she felt quite intimidated at their almost intimate position.

She cranes her neck, the back of her head hitting the door lightly, staring up into his warm, deep brown, whiskey eyes. She tried to look away but his eyes were too intoxicating that she couldn't even bring herself to blink, afraid that they would disappear and leave forever.

Neither of them dared to break the silent atmosphere that surrounded them, until the boy did.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He voices barely above a whisper, as he took a daring step closer towards her, chests now touching. Millie's heart started to beat in an irregular rhythm, she felt the loud thump of her internal organ against her ribcage, she thought he might hear it.

It was now that Millie had taken into account his extremely red, puffy eyes and the dark bags the where situated underneath them.

She felt horribly guilty

She caused this.

She caused him pain and that was the thing she never wanted to achieve, ever.

He didn't deserve it

She broke their powerful trance, directing her weak gaze to the floor, a stoic expression now fixated Itself onto her angelic face..

"I haven't been ignoring you." She mumbled, fiddling with her fingers nervously. This caused Finn to let out a frustrated scoff at the answer and also the fact she was too beautiful, it was unfair

"You haven't talked to us at all this week." He sternly voices, causing her to let out a sigh, as she pushes past him, brushing against his shoulder on her way to the kitchen, ignoring him.

"So?" She asked, trying to hold back her emotions as best she can. She hasn't realised the fact that Jacob is going to be here any minute now.

"So...do you even care about us?" He asks slightly annoyed. He came here and was happy to see her at first, but she is starting to piss him off. He hurriedly followed behind her, following her into her kitchen.

"Yes." She mumbled, walking over to the large, marble, kitchen island in the middle of her kitchen.

"Then why did you abandon us all? Why did you abandon me to go to some fucking asshole?!" He asks, blinking back tears, he had to stay strong.

"Oh I see. This isn't about me and the group, it's about me and you!" She shouts back with the same fake angered tone, sitting in the island, "why do you even care so much about Jacob and I?!" She asks, trying to keep the tears from flowing. She thought if she spoke angrily it would make him annoyed and he would leave, but it only fuelled his anger more. She actually started to believe herself for a second.

"You goddamn known why I care so much!" Finn shouts, his voice breaking at the end, almost as if he was about to break down into sobs. He slams his fist onto the marble countertop, as he stands in between her legs, as she sits on the countertop.

Millie wasn't stupid she knew he was talking about the kiss, they hadn't spoke about it at all. Millie wanted to so badly, she wanted Finn but she couldn't have him because of Jacob.

She was doing this for Finn Wolfhard, she had to be harsh on him to make it believable

"Are you talking about our kiss?" She asks, biting her lip to stop it from quivering. He sets his hands on each side of her as he nods.

"It meant a lot to me millie. I-I really like you." He replies, swallowing the lump on his throat. He finally told her how he felt. It was painfully silent, he frantically searched her eyes for an answer but much to his dismay, nothing. She cleared her throat looking anywhere but his eyes

"Well I'm sorry Finn but it-it didn't mean anything to me." She whispers making Finn's eyes sting, "Finn, I'm sorry if I lead you on but you d-don't mean anything to me." The physical pain in his chest only gets stronger, as he feels he might suffocate.

He looks up and stares into her eyes, inhaling sharply, as a salty tear runs down his freckled cheek, he wipes it away quickly.

Had she really been spewing lies this whole time? Telling him that she loved him, was it all one big lie?

"You don't mean that." Finn whispers, begging that she didn't but she doesn't budge.

"I-i do Finn." She shakily replies, "you should leave." She mumbles, not daring to make eye contact knowing full well she would breakdown if she did

"But-but I love you." He croaked out, an instant pain shooting through his chest, it was like it hurt to breathe, hurt to be alive.

"Go." She muttered

He didn't even respond, he just ran out of the house, wiping the tears that fell from his bloodshot eyes. He ran down the street frantically.

How could she do that to him?

How could she say that the kiss didn't mean anything to her? That he didn't mean anything to her?!

Finn got his answer, he knows for sure now.

She didn't love him back.

"Hey wolf boy?!" He heard that annoying voice shout, as he walked down the street.

"What sartorious?!" He growled, the name leaving a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Why are you anywhere near my girls house?" He mocked putting extra emphasis on the 'my' just to make it clear.

"I was on a walk and found myself here." He lied walking away.

"Good, because my bitch doesn't like you, she'll never like you. Now get lost!" He shouts walking up to Millie's door.

He clenches his fists, no one calls millie that. He was about to go over there and smash his stupid condescending face in but he realised what was the point?

Millie was clearly happy with the douche bag so why hurt him? Even if he was crushed at this point he just wanted her to be happy.

Even if it's without him.