Introduction

He ran as fast as he could out of the house. His feet hitting the hard concrete of the ground, sending pain through his feet from the powerful contact. He couldn't breathe, he was having an anxiety attack, a bad one.

The sound of their argument is still ringing in his head, repeating itself every millisecond.

"You know what Mary, you are a fucking slut who doesn't deserve to live!" His father shouted from downstairs.

Finn was up in his room playing his guitar loudly to try and drown out the sound of the argument, but it wasn't working, each time he would strum the chords louder his father shouted even louder. As tears cascaded slowly down the young boy's cheeks

"FINN WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?!" His father shouted, "I swear he's a waste of life, why did you give birth to him? He was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my entire life." His father asked his mother, sighing in anger afterwards.

A waste of space.

A mistake.

The words lingered in his head, he would try and forget them but he just couldn't. He couldn't forget his fathers tone of disgust while addressing him. He couldn't forget his father's drained out liquor bottles that festered in his house that was once a happy home. He couldn't forget any of the arguments, they happened too often, too often that there was no chance of forgetting anything.

"Are you okay?" He hears a mature voice ask coming from behind him on the worn down grey street.

He turned around to see a brunette girl, quite smaller than him but that's only because he's a giant that towers over everyone. She had golden brown eyes, the ones that could stare right through your soul in an instant. Her hair went loosely down to her collarbones, the ends of it a bit lighter than her roots, almost blondish.

"Hello?" She asks, waving her hand in front of the boys eyes

He swallows the lump that was forming in his throat. He was about to give a simple reply of yes but the words honked through his head once more

Waste of space.

Biggest mistake I've ever made.

Mary you're a slut!

That was it. He bit his lip as his eyes formed a glassy exterior, he tried so hard to keep the stingingly painful tears in his eyes but he couldn't control any of it. The salty tears cascaded down his cheeks like a monsoon.

The girl was very confused, she didn't know what to do so she grabbed his hand and led him to her place that she had only discovered just yesterday.

The small contact made Finn have goosebumps arise on his pale skin. He was curious as to where she was taking him but his extremely bitter troubles at home still filled his mind.

They walked up a small hill until they reached the destination. It was a large oak tree that was surrounded by resplendent green fields of grass.

"W-why are we here?" Finn sniffles

"I found out about this place yesterday, its a really good place to think." The girl calmly says, closing her eyes gently and inhaling the summer air. Finn takes notice of the girls British accent, he thought it was extremely cute.