Chapter Six

Hordes of people surrounded you and Kylo as you had entered the main city. With the raise in temperature and the mass crowd that more than likely remembered your face, you had changed into a set of clothing Kylo had so kindly taken from a shoppe. And by kindly, he has used the Force to manipulate the owner. Of course, you weren't for it, but you had no other choice.

With the hood of your scarf over your head and Kylo nearly hiding you behind his shoulder, the two of you reached the end where the palace entrance sat. Large steps had led the pathway, guarded by multiple men. You stood to a side by a vendor who had been selling fruits, posing as if you were going to shop.

"Can you use your... mind thing again on them?" You whispered to Kylo, holding a fruit and eyeing the men.

"I can, but do you expect us to so casually walk through the main entrance of the palace without being noticed?" Kylo muttered over to you as you sighed.

"Right... Of course..." You nodded, biting your inner lip, only to snap your head up. "I know a way."

Looking down at you, Kylo tilted his head. "You do?"

"Mhm." You nodded, putting the fruit back before grabbing his hand. "Not too far off." Pulling him with you as you walked towards the lake in the distance where the waterfall sat, Kylo furrowed his eyebrows, looking back at the palace.

"Why are we going away from the palace if we want to be inside?" He asked in confusion as the two of you aimed for the tall hills that made up the waterfall.

"There is a cave behind the waterfall, a small one, an underground pathway that only the royal family knows about incase of an invasion," you informed. "Not even the guards know."

"You better hope not." He grumbled but you shot him a look. "The last thing you want is to get caught."

"I know," you glared before looking back ahead, slipping past the waterfall and into the small tunnel. "Uh... There is no lighting in there so can you—" Hearing the sound of his weapon come to life, you looked over at him.

"I figured."

"Can I h—"

"No."

"Fine." Turning your focus back ahead, you continued on the long, narrow path, as Kylo walked closely behind. Your adrenaline had been kicking in, you were nearly up all night with your jumpy nerves if it wasn't for Kylo holding you. Anxiety swooped through you, but your determination was stronger.

Seeing the barred entrance towards the end, knowing you were reaching the palace, you stopped and looked over at Kylo. "Is that it?" He asked as you nodded. "What are we waiting for?"

"Kylo, what if they think I abandoned them? What if the anarchists made my people believe I ran away... that I had... I had cold feet?" You began to ramble, over thinking the situation as your heart began to race. "I've been gone for se time, they could think I have left them because I was afraid of ruling a whole planet!"

Deactivating his lightsaber, clipping it to his belt as you kept on puking out words, Kylo reached for your cheeks and rested his forehead against your own as you trailed on. Then, you went silent, taking in deep breaths as you shut your eyes while Kylo had done the same. You hadn't known what he had done, all you knew was that the moment his forehead met yours, your derailed train of thoughts came to a sudden stop. "If your people believe in you, they would know that is not the case." Sucking in a deep breath, you slowly nodded, Kylo tilting your head up enough to gently kiss you."Your throne awaits you, my queen."

Smiling, you nodded once again turning towards the bars, but, before you could go, you felt oozy. The world around you spinning as you instantly fell forward.