Chapter 1

(Katiana's Point Of View)

I rolled out of bed and slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. I groaned as i got out of bed and laid out my clothes to go to work.

I just moved dto Australia after my parents split up, my dad got full custody of me after my mom didn't show up to court. I was told that she just changed states but i know she had another family.

My dad works for the FBI in the Behavioral Analysis Unit and is always busy at work, so most of the time I'm alone.

I have only been here about a month and today was my first day of work. I am not going to lie i am super nervous about starting in a place I just moved to, plus, it was my first job.

Before I knew it i was walking into the giant mall where i was greeted by hundreds of teenagers. I immediately felt self conscious and tugged at the ends of my sweater.

I made my way to the food court and walked up to the coffee stand.

"AHH KATIANA YOUR HERE!" My boss Franlin's voice erupted in the room causing me to jump. A blush creeped across my face as i felt eyes staring at me. I shyly looked around the room when i met a pair of deep brown eyes. I felt my face turn bright red and i quickly looked away. I shuffled behind the counter.

(Luke's Point Of View)

I reached my hand across the table to steal a fry from an old man when someone's loud voice startled me. I looked around the mall to make sure it wasn't someone yelling at me. I looked over to the coffee stand and my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

A girl who looked like she was about a half a foot shorter than me stared back into my eyes. Her wavy light brown hair was pulled back on both sides and met at a braid in the middle. Pink slowly spread across her faces and she bit her lip.

"Excuse me sonny but can i help you?" The old man questioned as he shoved my arm away from his food.

"Uh ermm sorry sir." I said as i stood up and walked back over to Jai, Beau and Skip.

"What the fuck was that?" Beau shouted as i made my way over to them. "Why the hell did you just flake out?"

"I d-don't know." I stuttered as i looked back over to see the girl pulling her hair up into a ponytail and slipping a green cap on her head. The other boys followed my gaze and erupted into 'awes'. I looked down to my shoes as they all started jumping around me. I don't know what happened, i never get all soft inside.

"LUKEY HAS A CRUSH. LUKEY HAS A CRUSH." The boys sang out as they skipped around me causing a few glances from people in the food court. I looked up to see the girl staring at us giggling. I felt a smile spread on my face, and she quickly looked down and began wiping the counter in front of her. I glanced back to my side to see that the boys weren't there anymore. I looked around frantically and finally spotted them running up to the coffee stand. My heart fell in my stomach as i quickly chased the.

"no guys. no, no, no, no." But i was too late.

(Katiana's Point Of View)

"Can i help you?" I asked as i looked up to see 3 boys staring at me with goofy grins on their faces.

"Yes, um i would like a large coffee with a side of are you free tonight?" One of the boys asked with a wink. He looked a lot like the boy i saw before but there was something different about him this time.

"Um" I mumbled quietly as they all laughed at his joke. Embarrassment washed over my face as another boy ran over quickly.

ahh there he is.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach at just the site of him. I stared at him as i felt myself biting my lip, its a force of habit when i get really embarrassed.

"Excuse me Katiana?" Another one asked reading my name tag, he had a fringe and wore a snapback.

"yes" i said my voice barley audible.

"I see that you are very shy." He said placing his hands on his hips. I blushed as i picked at my nail polish.

"Come on guys lets just go." The boy in the back said. My heart sank a little bit at the thought of them leaving. Having them around just brightened my mood, they were so carefree.

"Luke calm down bro, you obviously have a MONSTROUS crush on this girl!" yet another boy exclaimed throwing his arm around the boy i know know as Luke.

"Oh my gosh we are so rude!" The boy that looked just like Luke exclaimed grabbing my hand. "My name is Jai." He said as he kissed my hand. I smiled lightly as he pulled back and gave me a wink.

"I'm Beau" The boy with the fringe said waving his hand as he put on an awkward smile. "I'm Daniel but you can call me Skip." The other boy said.

Everyone turned to look at Luke as he just stood there awkwardly. Beau raised his hand and slapped him really hard across the face. I let out a gasp, as Luke clutched his face. The other boys just laughed at him.

 "Well anyways, lover boy over here is Luke." Beaus said as he turned back to me. His face softened as he saw the look of horror on my face.

"You don't know who we are do you?" Jai asked.

I shook my head. "No, i just moved here."

They all started shrieking loudly even Luke joined in. They ran around in circles flipping around and running into each other. I stood there with a blank expression on my face. These boys are really weird.

"You have an American accent." They all screamed simultaneously. I giggled as i shook my head. "Yeah, well that kind of happens with you have lived there your whole life."

"Why did you move here?" Skip asked. I opened my mouth to respond, but i was cut off by Franklin calling my name.

"Katiana, can you please come help me cut this pineapple, it keeps slipping out of my hands." I glanced back at him to see him leaning on a pineapple and gripping a very large knife in his hand.

"Well i gotta go."  I said turning around.

"Wait!" Luke spoke up making his way to the counter. I stopped in my track and turned around.

"Do you maybe wanna hangout later, i mean when you get off work. If you have time though. If not its totally cool i understand." He said as he stopped himself from rambling. I smiled as i walked back over to the counter but it quickly faded.

"I'm sorry, i'm really bust with the move and everything. I don' think i have enough time." His face dropped as he looked down. I noticed that the other boys had all left.

"Well if you want i can help you move?" He said as a hopeful look spread on his face.

"Er, my ad is really strict about people being at the house when he isn't there i don-" I was cut off by a loud shriek. I turned around to see Franklin holding a towel on his hand.

"Oh my god, i gotta go." I shouted as i ran  to help him. Somehow when he was cutting the pineapple the knife slipped and cut his hand. After we got the bleeding to stop i went back to the front.

Luke wan't there. On the inside I was hoping he would sill be there, wait to convince me to hang out with him.

I missed him already.