Epilogue: Leaving Hoenn

Start from the beginning

"Yes, she's still bedridden. You know her condition doesn't let her do things." May replied.

"Let's visit her."

"Hi mom." The girls greeted a fine, elegant looking woman laying down on a queen size bed. Her wavy light chestnut hair was set apart in both sides of face, framing it beautifully. Her face was pale and sickly. She's the Queen of Petalburg, Caroline Maple.

"My twin belles. How are you today? I heard you'll have a final concert before you go to Castelia City tommorow." She asked her daughters as she pulled them to a hug.

"Were fine mom. Just nervous." Leaf answered.

"You'll do great. I'll watch you girls from the t.v., don't worry." She smiled.

"Really?" The brunette asked.

"Yes you will. You shouldn't be that nervous. After all, I'M the one singing. Those songs are great, especially you made them, lil sis." May answered Leaf while patting her head.

"Oh." Caroline giggled at this.

"You need to go. Both of you are amazing performers, you'll be fine without me. Here." She handed them two boxes. "Don't open them until you arrived at the academy. That's going to be a reminder that I'm always there to support you two alright? Now go."

With a small push she ushered them to the door. The girls hugged her, not wanting to let go. She pulled away gently and kissed their foreheads affectionately. Then they got up and left the room.

"Alright guys! This is the final song! We would be leaving by tommorow so savor this time! Don't worry, we'll be back shortly okay?" May said throught the mic in front of her, panting heavily. They performed four songs already and the crowd 'awwww'ed as she said this.

"Don't be sad. We're going to miss you more than ever. For a change, we'll be singing a new song. It's our farewell gift to you guys, and for mom too." Leaf said, standing up and walking in front of the stage, she was in the back, playing the drums as May sang and strum her guitar.

"Now that you're here, who wants Leafy here to sing?" The said girl was suprised, the crowd screaming in agreement. She sighed.

"Fine. Are we live?" She whispered to May.

"This concert is strictly for Petalburg city, so don't worry!" She whispered back. Leaf turned to the crowd.

"I'll be right back." She went backstage and retrieved a violin and an acoustic guitar, the latter she handed to May.

"Alright. This song is called 'Our Song.' As the title says, this is our song." She said with a smile and started playing the violin, May following.

I was riding shotgun With my hair undone

In the front seat of his car

He's got a one-hand feel On the steering wheel

The other on my heart

I look around, turn the radio down

He says, "Baby is something wrong?"I say,

"Nothing,I was just thinking How we don't have a song."

And he says...

Our song is the slamming screen door,

Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window

When we're on the phone and you talk real slow

'cause it's late and your mama don't know

Our song is the way you laugh