10. Title missing again... oh no

Zen POV

I had let Rufus sleep in his own room since he was constantly pouting about giving him some freedom.

I had awoken as a lightning streaked across the sky as I heard booming thunder. I had hoped that Rufus wouldn't wake up.

All of a sudden, I heard the sound of footsteps as Rufus dove into my bed under the covers. He was shivering and looked as though he had seen a ghost.

He held onto me tightly and buried his face in my neck. "What's the matter?" I say. Lightning flashes outside the window.

He shouts "Daddy!"breathlessly.

Did he just call me Daddy?

As another boom of thunder is heard, he tenses up and let out a cute scream "Kyaa..!"I hug him tightly and propose "If you agree to be my baby. I'll let you sleep here." Mind Reading: Why is he so mean... exploiting my fears...

I place the pacifier in his mouth and say "Silence means consent. Anyway you know I can read your mind right?". He quickly replies, pulling out his pacifier "I...never s..aid I wan...Kya!" as the boom of the thunder was heard.

"O..okay..." he says as he resigns himself. I pull him into my arms and placing the pacifier into his mouth. I hush him as he begins sucking on the pacifier. He enjoyed the warmth of Zen's embrace. It made him feel safe. Mind-Reading: Why is he so good at making me enjoy this...

In the morning, I wake up to discover that Rufus is gone. He wasn't in his room or mine.

Don't tell me he actually ran away. Was it that bad to be my baby boy?

Walking into the dining room, I see Rufus has cooked a meal for both of us. He stutters "I'm...not s...ure If you'll l...ike it".

I pat his head and give him a hug

I pat his head and give him a hug. I had gone through his memories in the past and saw how he thought his own food was bad because of his mother.

The meal he had cooked was an egg Benedict and it was the best I had ever tasted. Even the best chefs could not compare to this dish. I praised him "This is the best I've ever eaten. You should have more confidence in yourself."

Then, I decided to give him some freedom.

Rufus POV

I had finally gotten some freedom. However, I felt a little unhappy, missing his warm hugs a little.

I awoke to the boom of the thunder. I had been afraid of thunder since I was young. Then I sprinted to my door and made a dash to Zen's room. I dive into his bed, shivering under the blanket. I held onto him tightly with my face buried in his neck.

"What's the matter?" Zen says a little worried as I said "Daddy!"breathlessly.

As another boom of thunder is heard, I tense up and scream "Kyaa..!" Zen hugs me tightly and proposes "If you agree to be my baby. I'll let you sleep here."

Why is he so mean... exploiting my fears... I don't mind being his baby...

Zen places the pacifier in my mouth and said "Silence means consent. Anyway you know I can read your mind right?". I quickly defend myself, pulling out my pacifier "I...never s..aid I wan...Kya!" as the boom of the thunder was heard. I hugged him tighter.

Okay,okay I'll do whatever you want.

"O..okay..." I says as I resign myself to my fate. Zen pulls me into my arms and placss the pacifier into my mouth. He then hush me as I begins sucking instinctively on the pacifier.

Why is he so good at making me enjoy this...

In the morning, I woke up earlier.

Zen has been taking such good care of me, I need to do something as well.

I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Looking at the ingredients, I decide to cook an egg Benedict. I remembered cooking it in the past and easily recreated it.

I see Zen walking into the dining room. He hugs and pats my head as I stutter "I'm...not s...ure If you'll l...ike it".

I hope the dish I made taste okay...

He praised me "This is the best I've ever eaten. You should have more confidence in yourself." My face turns a little red.

Then he decided to leave me alone for the rest of the day. I spent that time going to the library and finding the books about the history of the kingdoms.

I scanned through the books and understood the gist of it. Apparently, there were four kingdoms, the kingdom I was in was Gouzia, the most powerful among the four. Then there was Eriden, the next most powerful followed by Haethon and Ravenfield.

Gouzia was known for our military might and intelligence, Eriden was for their strong mages, Haethon for their weapon forging and Ravenfield for their military tactics.

There had been a war 50 years ago among the 4 kingdoms and Gouzia came out victorious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pwes Vote for Rufus... Kyaa