Chapter 6: The truth

Grayson P.O.V:

I paced around my room sweating, this was the day, the day I Grayson Bailey Dolan would come out to my fans. I hadn't told anyone of my plan not even Ethan or James. Im just going to upload my coming out post and they will see it at the same time as everybody else. I was not oblivious to my large following number, so I knew that me coming out would be a huge deal trending on twitter and everything. I really hoped that I wouldn't get backlash because I love my fans and am really hoping they will join me as I just want them to know more about me, the real me. My hands hovered over the share button hesitating and when I finally built up the courage I pressed the share buttons for my millions of fans to see.

graysondolan:

Liked by ethandolan, _emmachamberlain, jamescharles, and 450k others

graysondolan: 90% of women don't seem to like me, that's funny though cause I don't like women in general. Im Gayson

view all 200,500 comments

jamescharles: congrats daddy

dolanspinkdrink: umm.. so you're gay. WE STILL LOVE YOU GRAYSON

ethandolan: bro...

rickydillon: FUN!!

///

My heart was racing, no pounding I felt like I needed my inhaler. I felt sort of winded so I decided to take a seat. I had to catch my breathe as I knew what I had done might've just changed my whole life. My phone was going off like crazy with all the notifications suddenly, my eyes began to water and all I could do was cry and put my head down isolated in my room while the tears ran down my cheeks. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I flinched. Ethan's eyes met mine softening when seeing my glazed eyes.

"It's okay Gray" he said embracing me into a hug. At that moment, I let all my frustrations go and cried until I had no tears left to cry.

"Thanks E, I always know you have my back" I muttered whilst sniffling. Once both of us calmed down we went onto sitting in my bed.

"So is there anyone special?" Ethan smirked. I breathed in before replying.

"This is going to seem really shocking, but I'm with James"
Once I said that Ethan burst into a sudden laughter. His laughter filled the room while I sat there in confusion.

"What's so funny?" I questioned

"We've all known bro, me and Emma even placed a bet. I've known you've liked James since our first collab. I could tell by the way you looked at him. I haven't seen you look at someone so intensely ever, maybe you didn't realize you liked him before you already had fallen for him." Ethan comforted placing an arm around my shoulder.

"You know I'll love you no matter what Gray"

"Yeah I know E." Ethan stood up and said he'd give me some space to think. I wanted to check the reactions I was getting. I opened up twitter and saw that #graysonweloveyou was trending number 1 that made my heart swell I knew that my fans wouldn't disappoint. I also got messages from friends congratulating me for coming out including: Bryant, Emma, Cameron, and Ricky. Surprisingly, no sign of James, James had only replied to my post he never sent me a message on the side or even a call. Maybe he was busy I guessed, I mean I haven't announced to my fans that we're dating yet. Nothing could ruin this day, yeah there was a hate comment here or there, but there was an overwhelmingly positive response from my fans even causing some of them to come out to their families too. A few minutes later I heard some music blast from outside my window. I was ready to open my windows and scream at Ethan to shut it down when I realized it was James. He was playing 'Cant help falling in love with you' by Elvis, he was also holding up a sign that said "Come out". I wondered why it took him so long but I guess he planned it. As soon as I was outside he embraced me in a hug.

"I love you, and I'm so proud of you Grayson." He said teary eyed
I was in awe and couldn't even reply, so I just buried my head into his shoulder and dance under the pale moonlight. For those few moments I felt like I was dreaming finally living the life I was meant to live. With Elvis playing in the background, I pulled James closer his lips crashing with mine. This was one of the first genuine kisses I shared with him and it was perfect. Ethan then came outside and yelled

"Wow we love a cute couple"

"Shut up Ethan you're ruining our moment!" James teased

"Guess you guys don't want raising canes then..."

"Yeah actually we do that'd be really fun and fresh" James smirked. With that said we spent the rest of the night eating and sharing these important memories with the people I love the most.

///
The way I formatted this chapter is sort of hard to understand, but it's supposed to look like an instagram post. Comment down below if your enjoyed the chapter and vote if you please to do so. Also I want to get to know my readers so comment below your favorite movie. Do people even read authors notes? Thank you for your guys constant support and I'll update soon.<3
-Ashely