Chapter 1. Moving

"Must you move from London to a shitty town all the way in America? You made the promise of never going there after your mum and dad were killed."

Leo, my closet friend sighs and purses his lip, as if waiting for me to answer.

"I told you, I have to. Don't ask why, just know I love you."

"Asshole. Tell me if there are any sexy men there. "

I bite my lip ring and nod my head and hug him one last time before I step on a plane.

--------

"Welcome to the Alexandria International Airport in Louisiana."

After fighting with an old lady, who claimed my bag was hers... I can tell I already like Louisiana.

My phone vibrates and I receive a text message from Leo.

"Did you get any stories from people?"

Well, my parents were the children of a smart Alec and a cross breed of a angel and a Lamia.

So basically I can see what a person has been through and the experiences they have had in their life's by simply touching them.

I have bright glowing green/yellow eyes from my grandma, who was a part snake and angel.

I also have wings, not the typical fluffy white type of wings. I have blood red wings.

Guess you can say I'm a freak, but then again I don't care.

"Ma'am? You said Bon Temps?"

I go back into reality and nod my head. The kind driver grabs my bag and places them in the trunk. When did I even remember hailing in a cab...

----

Two hours later

----

The kind man drops me off by a restaurant/bar named Merlotte's.

It didn't look too shabby nor flashy, it had a homey feel to it.

I payed the man and headed inside.

As soon as I entered a friendly vampire named Jessica greeted me.

"Hi welcome to Merlotte's! New to town?"

I nod

"Yeah just moved from London. Name is Hanna. Pleasure to meet you Jessica. "

She smiles and goes back to greeting customers. Just then a man with soft eyes casually sits down and introduces himself,

"Hi darling, my name is Sam Merlotte."

He sticks his hand out and I gladly shake it.

His name is Sam, he's a shapeshifter. He was adopted but his parents left him when they found out what Sam was. He has a younger brother and a mother who are also shapeshifters.

He is very kind and people take advantage of that.

"I know what you are Sam. Your a shapeshifter. I'm also something."

Sam looks shocked and he nods.

"how, what wow?"

I chuckle and tell him what I am.

"Oh and my name Hanna Jefferson."

He chuckles.

"Your British, need anyplace to stay?"