Chapter 56: Don't dwell on the past.

Zacznij od początku

I stared at her quietly. I was taken aback by her sudden revelation.

"You..." lola Marian said slowly. "You lied... to us?"

Iniwas ni Gwen yung tingin nya. "I'm sorry, tita."

"Sorry? Sorry, Gwen? This is crazy! After all that you did, you'll tell us that you're sorry?" galit na sabi ni lola Marian kay Gwen. "You ruined Nathan's life, you've broken his family, you caused his and Gianna's child and you'll say sorry?" she stood up and hid her eyes behind her palm.

"Tita..." I tried to calm her up.

But lola Marian just held up her hand. "After all these years, didn't you even feel guilty for stealing Gianna's place in our home?"

"I did it for Daniel. For love!" cried Gwen.

It was too late for me to stop when tita Marian slapped Gwen on her face. "Love? Daniel?" shouted lola Marian. "You did it for yourself! You're just a selfish little brat who only knows how to relay on others! Now look at Daniel! He's sick with leukaemia! If that's karma, I guess it's striking you!"

Gwen held the part where lola Marian's hand landed. "You don't know what I've been through to make me do something horrible like that."

"I don't care what you've been through." lola Marian muttered angrily. "I don't care what happened in your past. But you should know, if you lost something, no matter how you love it, no matter how you care for it, you should know to move on and think forward! Don't go around making someone lost something because you lost something too!"

I stared at lola Marian. Maybe, just maybe, she's talking about herself. She's talking about her experience. When she lost her child and lolo Leo.

"Because that's what life is!" lola Marian continued as she starts to cry. "It's all about moving on! You shouldn't dwell on your past! You shouldn't stay down if you fell! No one's going to help you always! You should be the own helping yourself! You should stand on your own! Not forcing someone to help you!"

I stared hopelessly as Gwen falls into the floor. I sat beside her and hugged her. "That's enough, Gwen. Stop crying. You shouldn't act weak. Be strong for Daniel."

At that moment, she bursted crying on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Nathan. I really am. I-I'm sorry. I-I know what I d-did i-is unf-forgiva-able but, I'm s-sorry."