4-The Library

Cerise walked threw the long hallways. She had made it a goal to look at every room in the castle. So far, it was taking forever. She tugged on the sleeve of her new blouse. Sarah had helped her make better clothes. Cerise was beyond grateful. Now she was comfortable and she no longer looked homeless.

Cerise came upon another door and poked her head in. It was just another spare bedroom. She frowned. She was hoping to find something exciting; she was horribly bored. With only three people living in the castle, she was often alone. Cerise hadn't seen Daring yet today. She wondered where he could be. Then, she had a thought.

The library.

She then ran off trying to find the library. 

Cerise pushed the giant library doors open

Cerise pushed the giant library doors open. She gasped as she walked in. It was huge, and very beautiful. Cerise normally didn't care for libraries, but this, this was different. She was pretty sure that she could stay here hours. I guess this is what Daring meant. She thought.

She heard a rustling noise; she followed it to find Daring, sitting on a large sofa reading a book. She smiled at him. "Hey." He glanced up and smiled back. "Hey."

She put her hands behind her back, she was feeling quite awkward. She normally didn't feel this way, she didn't know what was wrong with her.

"So," she started as she sat beside him. "Whatcha reading?"

He shrugged. "Nothing." He said as he closed his book. She smirked at him. "C'mon Charming, don't be shy." He sighed in defeat. "Romeo and Juliet."

She thought for a moment. "Huh, I never pictured you to be the romantic type."

"Well then, you don't know me very well."

She scoffed, "Oh please, I know you like the back of my hand."

He chuckled, "I know you do. To be honest, I've never read this before. I've had a lot of free time lately, so I've been reading different books."

"I think I might follow your example. I'm going to go find something to read."

He nodded and went back to his book. Cerise roamed the bookshelves. There were so many books, probably thousands. She wasn't sure how she could ever choose one. She found a shelf that contained all fairytales. She ran her fingers over the books, she stopped when she found one.

Little Red Riding Hood.

She took the book and opened it up. She flipped through the pages smiling. Her parents story was so much different than this. This book, was the picture perfect fairytale. She chuckled as she read.

Once upon a time there was a sweet little girl. Everyone who saw her liked her, but most of all her grandmother, who did not know what to give the child next. Once she gave her a little cap made of red velvet. Because it suited her so well, and she wanted to wear it all the time, she came to be known as Little Red Cap.