The Bitter Truth

The song above is the explicit "F**k You" by Lilly Allen. You'll see why it is needed later :)

***

Willow sat in her bedroom, in the TARDIS, thinking about the day she's had and how she learnt so much about her past that she never realised before. In her entire life, she never knew how much she would truly miss Pete; now she knew who he really was to her. He was like a father, a second father. Willow couldn't process how she believed for all those years that he didn't love her when he still had room in his heart for a little willow tree to grow.

She fiddled with her silver bracelet, thinking about his death. Willow watched him die twice in one day, it's hard for anyone to comprehend. However, no one has ever been given the second chance that everyone craves. She believes in the Doctor, he's the one who made her realise that there are always second chances to give sometimes if people deserve them.

A knock on the door blew away her deep thoughts like snow in a sudden gust of wind. Willow reached for the bolted lock on the door; the TARDIS put it there for safety after one of her disastrous dreams almost lead her to walk into a nebula. Opening it, she found Rose on the other side. She glared at me with a look of pity and disgust; holding her phone out.

"Rose?" Willow asked with concern. "What's wrong?"

She itched her head, bobbing her wavy hair that she let down. Breathing in deep, she prepared herself for the inevitable "I know you probably don't want to talk to anyone-"

"It's ok. I'm fine with it." She interrupted.

"Right," She said with a hint of hesitation. "It's just that- I think you need to see this."

She held out her phone, which had a small picture on it. Willow took it from her hands and inspected it. At first, she couldn't see much until Willow had the horrible realisation that it was at a restaurant. What made the picture horrible was that it contained one person she never expected; James with another girl.

She looked young, too young. Her hair was a platinum blonde with a short pixie cut that was gelled back. She wore a navy blue dress and small hoop earrings; she looked pretty but it could be his sister or his cousin. A friend? A girlfriend? A mistress? A prostitute? Or his wife? There were so many possibilities, but Willow was getting ahead of herself.

She shook her head, denying it. "It could just be a sister or a friend."

"But James doesn't have a sister," She commented before her phone pinged; another message came through. Rose looked at the message, her eyes widening by the sight of it. She sighed and turned her phone towards Willow again. It was James and that girl again but this time they were kissing each other, passionately.

She snatched the phone from her hand, her fingers shaking as she examined the photo with a watchful eye. Gulps of saliva built up inside Willow's throat, eventually running down it. Her eyes became hazy as she felt both the struggle of sadness and anger rise up from the deep. Curling her lips in disgust, she stormed out of her room. The corridors twisted as she tried to find her way back to the console room, Rose following behind.

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

Willow paced quickly as she got closer to the console room door. "Give him what he deserves. Address?"

Rose gulped from behind, checking her phone. "The Red Apple."

She slammed the doors open, the Doctor looked at me in surprise. "You ok?"

"Peachy." Willow flashed a fake smile at him. "Take us to The Red Apple on-"

She pointed at Rose to say what day and what hour it was. "Thursday 11th May 2006. 20:35."

"Ok?" He nodded, flicking and swiping at buttons and levers. Willow steadied herself on the console as the TARDIS rocked from side to side. They landed with a bump, but she didn't care, she was out of the room in no time.

They arrived in the lobby, waiters rushing past and heading into the kitchens. Willow marched down the corridor with Rose at her side, she was happy that the Doctor and Rose weren't judging her unfit rage. Once they reached the main dining area, she scanned the room from back to front. She just had to look for a cheating prick and his skinny girlfriend; not too hard to find.

Then her eyes spotted them in the back corner of the room as if they were trying to hide. No one can hide from Willow when she's angry. She threaded and weaved through the looping tables and the dinner guests, knocking a few of their chairs in the process. He was laughing and chatting with her as if he never considered the outcome of his "other" girlfriend coming to visit.

Finally, she reached him, smiling. "Enjoying the meal!" Willow said, grabbing the back of his head and throwing his face into his dinner. "Spaghetti Bolognese, nice choice!" She appeased whilst releasing his head.

He looked up at her in shock. "Willow?"

"Was it a bit hot?" She suggested with sincere, heading over to the other table and grabbing a jug of water. Willow then proceeded to pour the water on his filthy head, messing up his hair.

He stood up in disgust while his mistress stared at them with shock and fear, searching the room for answers.

"Listen!" He pleaded with her. "I can explain-"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, save it!" Willow lifted her fist and swung it round, her knuckles hitting his face. He was knocked back into the seat; a vivid red mark was protruding across his face.

"That's what you get for being a greedy little cheater!" She smirked while walking away, slipping her arm into Rose's and strolling back into the lobby.

The Doctor was waiting by the TARDIS doors. "Satisfied?"

"Yep" answered Willow as she went into the TARDIS.

***

Shorter than expected but it's ok. I planned this chapter right from the beginning and I am so proud that I finally wrote it down. I just needed James out of the way for the Doctor to move in, slowly.

Things are spicing up! I have 222 reads at the moment; I was not expecting that! However, please comment because I really want to know what you think of the story at the moment. 

Thanks for reading this chapter, The Empty Child is next!

- Alice

PS: It won't take as long as Father's Day did.