Chapter Nineteen

I didn't sleep at all that night, not that I was expecting to. Even though for the last few weeks, all I wanted was for this day to be over. Now that it was here, I didn't think I was ready. It was different lying to Hayes or my parents but now that I was going to have to lie under oath, that was going to be next to impossible. My parents had bought me what they called a 'court outfit'. It was hideous but fashion was honestly the last thing on my mind.

The trial started at 12pm and it was only 6am which meant I had 6 hours to my own thoughts. I tried my best to eat something but it just wasn't happening. I ate a few bites of toast but puked it up straight away. The only thing keeping me from crying was that I had already put my make-up on. No one in my family spoke the whole drive to the court but I preferred it that way.

There was a lot of waiting as soon as we got to the court, which was the last thing I needed. My lawyer got there just a little bit after we did. He spoke all this bullshit but I wasn't even listening. All I could think of was what I was going to have to do as soon as I got into that court room. I couldn't keep my legs from shaking the entire time. "Honey calm down, everything will be okay" My Mom said rubbing my leg. I nodded even though I knew for a fact it wouldn't. They kept Nash and his family in a different room, most likely to avoid conflict. My parents tried to make me eat something before I went in but I just couldn't keep it down.

They called us into the court at around 12. I had never been in a court before, I had only ever seen them on T.V. As I walked in the jury was on the top right and the judge at the top. I glanced to my right where Nash was sitting. He looked at me with the most neutral expression I have ever seen before looking back forward. Hayes was sitting with his family on Nash's side of the court but I didn't expect any less. I was delusional if I thought he was going to sit on my side.

I took a seat and waited for the trial to begin. "You ready for this?" My lawyer whispered and I nodded. "The court is now is session" The judge called. "Now the defendant, Nash Grier pleads not guilty to numerous accounts of rape against Miss Emily Wright, is that correct?" She asked looking over at Nash. "That is correct" Nash said. "Okay now we can begin" She said. They started off questioning my parents and Nash's parents. Leaving Hayes, Nash and I until last.

"I call Mr Grier to the stand please" My lawyer asked. "Which one?" The judge asked which made me smile. "Nash your honour" He said and Nash stood up. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?" They asked Nash. "I do" He affirmed. "Take a seat please" They told him and he did.

"Now Mr Grier, how long have you know my client?" My lawyer asked pacing up and down the floor. "About a year" He told him.

"And you claimed that your relationship with her was completely consensual?" He asked. "Yes Sir" Nash said nodding.

"So when did this relationship begin?"

"Around Christmas time" Nash told him.

"And how did it start?" He asked Nash. "Well she began going out with Hayes, my brother around 6 months before anything happened between us. I had always liked her but I never made a move. Then one day she was over and I kissed her" Nash told him.

"Did she give you consent for this kiss?" He asked him. "Not exactly.." Nash said. "Mr Grier, there is no such answer as not exactly, there is either yes or no" He told him. 'Well no, not initially" Nash told him. "Mr Grier, you just told me that your relationship with Miss Wright was completely consensual, are you telling me you lied under oath?" He asked him. 

"Your honour that is a completely absurd question" Nashs' lawyer said standing up. The judged brushed her off  "Please proceed" She said and he continued.

"So how long after you two kissed, did she apparently warm to the relationship?" He asked Nash. "Almost immediately, by the next week we were sneaking around together" He told him. "So you began sneaking around with your brothers girlfriend?" He asked. Nash sighed deeply. "Yes.." 

"Mmmm interesting.." He said pausing for a moment. "Now my client claims that you forced her into sexual intercourse one day when you were at your house in the pool is this true?" He asked Nash. "Not at all, we didn't even have sex that day" Nash told him

"So you didn't rape her on that day or the day that your brother Hayes found out about you and Miss Wright?" He asked him. "No I never did and would never" Nash told him. "So why do you think my client would lie?" He asked him. 

"I don't know, maybe because I told her we couldn't be together anymore because Hayes found out and I cared more about our relationship then I did about the one I had with her" Nash said glancing over at me. I gulped loudly. "No further questions your honour" My lawyer said before leaving the stand.

"I now call Hayes Grier to the stand your honour" My lawyer asked and Hayes stood up and approached the bench.

There is most likely only going to be 2 more chapters of this. I might double update tonight if I have the time but Idk yet.