Chapter Three

I had avoided Hayes the rest of the weekend not knowing how to act around him anymore. How was I meant to look him in the eye ever again after what I did? The worst thing about it was that I didn't regret it. I wanted Nash's hands all over me again. I wanted that sense of danger again. I hadn't stopped thinking about Nash all weekend and I don't think I was going to stop anytime soon.

When Monday finally came, I was freaking out. I was the worst liar ever and I was scared Hayes would figure out that something was up. I purposely went to school extra early to avoid running into Hayes. Of course that would be too lucky. "Hey Em" Hayes said encircling his arms around my waist from behind. "Hey" I said as my body stiffened at his touch. "Everything okay?" He asked looking concerned. "Yeah why wouldn't it be?" I said smiling a little too widely. "Okay.." He said not seeming convinced.

"Come over after school and we can do homework together" Hayes suggested waiting for me to get my books out of my locker. "Sorry can't today" I said shutting my locker and making my way down the hall before he could say anything else. I thought it would be best to avoid any of the Griers for as long as I could.

I was completely distracted all day in class. "Now class today we will be discussing The Scarlet Letter" My english teacher announced which just made me stomach sink. "Emily what's your opinion on the situation?" She asked me. "My opinion on what situation?" I asked not hearing her question. "On the book, do you think her punishment was fair?" She asked. "Well..no I don't, she made a personal choice that she should not have been publically punished for" I said without realising. "So you think it's okay to commit adultery then?" She said twisting my words. "No...that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there's just a lot more to it then just making a simple choice. Theres the feelings and emotions, the urge, the longing, the temptation behind it" I said confidently.

"But do you think that what she did was moraly correct?" she said. "Morality is in the eye of the beholder Mrs." I said. She nodded, "Interesting view point, anyone care to put forward anything different?" She said looking around the room. No one raised there hand. Hayes turned around giving me a confused look. I just looked down and began doodling on my paper.

After English was over I quickly ran out of the classroom, determined to avoid Hayes. Knowing he would be curious about my answer in class. I still had two more classes for that day but they never check attendance after Lunch so I should be fine. I just couldn't stay in there any longer.

I began walking down the street, not really sure where exactly I was going. I heard a car behind me and when I turned around, I noticed a car slowing down beside me. The first thing I noticed through the window was that signiture smirk. "Shouldn't you be in school?" I said surprisingly confidently. "Shouldn't you?" He said back smirking. I stood there smirking back at him. "Get in" He said flicking his neck towards the passenger seat. I sighed and began walking around knowing that it was inevitable.

I got in slouching low. "How are you?" Nash asking genuinely which was surprising. "Eh good you.." I said feeling uncomfortable having a normal conversation with him. He began to drive and I sat there thinking of what to say next. "Do you not feel guilty?" I asked him curiously. "Guilty about what?" He said turning his head. "Nash.." I said not in the mood for his sarcasm. He shrugged "I don't know..do you?" He said turning to me again for an answer. 

"If I say no does that make me a horrible person?" I said turning back to him. "Not exactly.." He replied. "So do you?" He said after a moment of silence. I sighed loudly trying to figure out my answer. "I feel guilty for doing it to Hayes but I don't feel guilty for the way I feel" I muttered. "And how do you feel?" Nash asked pulling over into a random parking spot on the side of the road. "That depends.." I said looking down.

"Depends on what?" He said back. "It depends how you feel.." I said looking to him for a reaction. "Well I feel that you're a great girl and I'd really like if we could spend some more time together" He said taking my hand and intertwining his fingers in mine. I looked from our intertwined hands back up to Nash. "What about Hayes?" I said as Nash leaned closer to him. "What about him" Nash said before crashing his lips to mine. I could deny my feelings for Nash all I want but I can't deny that he gives me sparks that I never get with Hayes and probably never will.

We made out for a while but I stopped before it went to far. I sat back in my seat, regaining my breathe. "So like what is this..?" I asked Nash in relation to the events of this weekend. "It's whatever you want it to be" He said looking at me with a smirk. "If you think you can do this without letting the guilt get to you then I'm down" Nash said. I sat in silence for a moment, contemplating my choices. If I say yes, I'll be hurting Hayes but If I say no I'll always have the 'what if" feeling. I sighed loudly before turning to Nash. "I can do it" I said.

Okay that's chapter three done, what do you think? do you think she made the right choice or do you think her getting involved with Nash is just a recipe for disaster? Tell me in the comments:)