Airport Misfortune (2)

Start from the beginning

Wala na. Natunaw na ako.

"There you are!" biglang sulpot ni Glaiza sa tabi ko.

"Nakabili na ako ng tickets. Sakto lang, 20 minutes from now. Pwede na nga ata pumasok eh. Tara?" she added.

I shook away all the past thoughts and composed myself. "Sure. Tara."

-

Tila hindi maka get over si Glaiza after the movie. She kept on blabbering about it kahit ngayon na naglalakad na kami papuntang Aviation Discovery Centre ng HKIA. It was indeed a comedic but insightful movie about marriage.

"Sabi ko na eh! Normal is not always okay. Mas maganda pa rin yung adventurous at enjoyable relationship. Kasi kung normal, very stagnant. Walang fun out of it. It tends to get boring," aniya.

"Yeah, sure. Fun relationship is cool. But at some point, the two people in a relationship should mature for it to grow and work," I argued.

"I get what you mean. Pero hindi ko naman ibig sabihin na maglokohan lang sa relationship. What I'm trying to point out is that living up to the standards of what a normal relationship is doesn't equate to happiness."

I just rolled my eyes. Hindi talaga to nagpapatalo. "So how should the relationship be?"

I heard her sigh. "Depende. The two persons involved kasi should relate to each other and make discoveries about one another," sagot niya. "Basta ang alam ko, balance is the key. Hindi pwedeng yung isa lang laging nag aadjust."

Nakapasok na kami ng Aviation Discovery Centre pero patuloy pa rin yung diskusyon namin about the film. Mahirap tuloy i-appreciate yung themed exhibits and graphics dito if you're in the middle of an argument.

"Ganon? Kaya ba dapat makipagsabayan yung lalaking bida sa trip ng asawa niya?"

Tinignan ako nito ng masama with matching nakataas na dalawang kamay niya na para bang sinasabi na 'wtf'. "Pinanood mo ba talaga yung movie o ano?"

I gave her the 'duh' look.

Bumuntong hininga na lang siya. "Look, here's my take on the film. So his wife is years younger than him diba. She has her unique way of expressing herself because she grew up in a different view of the world as seen in her past. But did the husband ever tried to understand and get to know her better initially? Hindi, because he was passive. He lived throughout his marriage life on what he supposed was normal -- go to work, make money, then come home to his waiting wife."

Glai did good in explaining in all fairness. Parang may lalim ang bawat salitang binibitawan niya. "What if the other person in the relationship can't keep up with the personality of the other? For example, seryosong tao yung isa pero yung isa naman happy go lucky."

From the airbus model na nakadisplay, her eyes gazed at my direction. "Just like the husband, kailangan niya lang maging empathic. At the end of the day, they both have to find ways to relate to each other even with their differences. Mahal nila ang isa't isa afterall," madamdaming sagot niya.

She moved to the other model and added, "Communication and understanding lang talaga yan."

Tumango tango na lang ako. "So pag hindi nag work, maghahanap na lang ng iba," bulong ko.

She shot me a look. "Ano yon?"

I faked a smile at her. "Wala."

Di na siya nag usisa pa at hinila niya ako towards the skydeck platform. Very unlucky for us, sirado ito due to the bad weather. Sayang pa naman dahil it's supposed to be sunset already pero dahil nga maulan ay maulap lang ang kalangitan. It's almost zero visibility kaya ang pagpatak lang ng ulan ang nakikita namin. Nakatayo lang kami behind the glass windows at ninanamnam ang katahimikan.