The Proposal (3)

I pressed the send button and kept my phone in my purse. I don't need to hold on to it and check any reply from her. I'm confident that she got what I meant with that message and that she will come here.

I looked at the scenic view laid before my eyes. I've always loved city lights. It somehow becomes the light in the dark. It reminds me that there is beauty even in darkness. Actually, it was her who introduced to me that thought. I always thought before that the night brings loneliness to every soul but she has showed me a different perspective of life. Since then, she has been my light in the world full of darkness.

I'm such a mess right now. Just as I thought that liquor could fucking erase whatever this heavy feeling in my chest, I'm pretty wrong. It's just making things worse. Is there any other way to forget all the problems in the world?

"There isn't. Forgetting problems won't do any good. It'll just keep on coming back." A woman spoke beside me. I didn't notice her earlier. What is she talking abou"I-I'm sorry?" I don't know what to say. Heck, I don't even know if she was talking to me.

"You were asking if there's any way to forget problems but truth be told, there's none." Did I say that out loud? Ughhh!

"The best thing to do is to face the problems. It can be rough road but I'm sure you'll get there. If things didn't work out well, at least you are a brave soul who tried...not someone who just cowardly hide," she continued. I'm not in the mood to hear a pep talk but I guess I could use some company.

Oh wow. She's actually a beautiful human being. She has a glowing skin that radiates even in the dark, a pointed nose that I kind of wanna pinch, a pair of eyes that pierces through one's soul, and those plump lips of hers that are very tempting...what the hell am I talking about? Shit...get a hold of yourself, Rhian.

"H-hey...did I offend you in some way?" the woman asked.

I was startled. I didn't know that I've been staring at her for a long time. "I-I...uhh...no...it's okay." Now you look like a fool.

A smile crept across her face. "Do you often go here?"

I shook my head. "It's my first time to be up here actually. This," I point out toward the surroundings, "this isn't my thing."

"Really?" she seems amused of my honesty. "I can't believe there are people who don't fancy being up high and seeing the world in a different perspective."

"It's not like that. I've been more of a ground person. I don't have the luxury of time to sightsee the city so that kinda made me not used to places like this."

"You're taking life seriously, lady. Go give yourself some credit and enjoy the little things in life. You deserve that." She gave a sweet smile while giving a tap on my shoulder.

I almost shivered when I felt her hand on my shoulder. She's giving me unexplainable feelings right now. I don't know if it was because of the alcohol, the talk, or her presence that makes me feel light. I feel so much better now. I could actyally stay here forever.

"Hey, Rhi! Let's go?" A friend came from behind.

I looked back to the woman with disappointment in my eyes. "Uhm...I-I have to go. Thanks for the talk....."

"Glaiza," she said as she reached out her hand.

I gladly accepted her hand and then again I felt different. "T-thanks again, Glaiza. Bye."

"Goodnight."

I started walking towards the opposite direction but I heard her voice from behind, "See you around, Rhian!" A smile crept up across my face.