Ruka X Vincent Valentine

Standing atop of a little house far from the cities, in the depth of jungles and in peace and quiet, was Vincent Valentine. He would be going to 7th Heaven soon, so he decided that he'd stop by the house of the woman he always admired, even if from afar, Ruka.

Ah, he still remembers the time when she was a scientist at ShinRa and he was assigned to be her bodyguard; that very day she looked at him first, with a sweet and confident smile and eyes that would make the coldest of all hearts melt;

"Mr. Valentine, is it? Pleased to meet you! I'm Ruka, and please don't ask for my last name, I seriously don't know. I look forward to working with you!"

"Same here, Miss Ruka."

"Well then!" She announced, her honey-colored eyes looking down at her desk in pure determination as she clasped her hands together, "Let's get down to business!"

She was a hard worker, almost sacrificing everything she had in the way of her beliefes and her work. Even though she was usually drinking coffee and collapsed after work out of tiredness, she was always kind and respectful to him; never did she say anything that would offend him in the slightest, but she had her moments of sarcasm after they grew close, just like that day;

She smirked his way as he walked inside her office and took a sit on one of her spare chairs. She took a sip of her coffee and kept smirking his way as he rolled his eyes.

"Now what Ruka?"

"If I didn't know any better, I would've said you've got the hots for Miss Crescent~..."

"Oh, well what do you know better?"

"I would not just say, I know~."

"Then I have to disappoint you..."

"Oh, do you~?"

'Yes, cause you're the one I've got the hots for, Ruka.' "Yes, cause I'll have to ruin your ship..."

She chuckled then acted disappointed. Whining and pouting like a little kid, she mumbled under her breath;

"You are so mean, Vin!"

"Am I really?"

"Yes! How could you ruin my ship just like that! My power has dropped by a nice 50%!"

"How can I help it then?"

"Let's see... bring me a cup of coffee and I'll see if I can forgive you or not!"

He rolled his eyes again but stood up and nodded her way. As she cheered and clapped her hands, and winked his way.

She really was adorable...

However...

"Miss Crescent... but that's... just absurd!"

"I know... but... I don't know what to do anymore... Ruka... I... couldn't even hold him! Not even a second..."

As she broke down in tears once again, Vincent just watched from afar, as Ruka just hugged her, there was a glint in her eyes, a symbol of her determination. He knew something was not right here but now was not the time to argue with her.

But how much had he wished he had argued with her...

She went after Lucrecia's child and left him a letter from his mother that told him who she was and how much she loved him. After delivering the letter however, she was chased by the security guards.

She ran and ran and ran away from everything and everyone and she never came back.

Vincent checked every single place they went together from her favorite restaurants to her favorite coffee shop.

She was no where to be found...

Only leaving one letter in her family house that told Vincent that she was sorry and that...

She loved him.

He regretted every moment and every decision he made of telling her and doing it later, she would never know his feelings now...

He turned his back as a single tear escaped his eyes.

Ruka, however was watching over him from distance, as a spirit who was now resting... she had died on that day. Now she only offered guidance to a girl she hoped could love him one day the way she couldn't... Shelke Rui.

Ruka smiled as she slowly faded away...

I'm so sorry, Vincent...