Chapter 7

"We're here. Are you ready?"

"She probably isn't, but she doesn't really have much choice in the matter now, does she?" Camila says.

"She'll be fine, stop scaring her," Lauren frowns at Camila. "But come on, wouldn't wanna keep the future waiting. I hear destiny can be pretty impatient."

Your knees are wobbling as you walk through the parking lot, flanked by Camila and Lauren. Besides the guard stationed gate to enter the lot, it looks like a regular building from the outside...But you're not letting the exterior fool you, you know that once the automatic doors in front of you open, you'll be transported straight into the flaming pits of hell. Once you hit the front sidewalk, you slow your pace, falling behind the girls by a few steps. They turn around to look at you at the same time, and you would've laughed if you weren't minutes away from impending doom.

"You hesitated," Camila says, quoting Olaf from Frozen. Her tone is teasing, but you can tell by her softened eyes and the way her head is tilted sympathetically to the side that she knows how nervous you are. You look to Camila and Lauren, about five feet in front of you, and then you look up the side of the taller building. You don't have time to look back at the girls before you feel two pairs of arms hugging you from either side, and you let your head fall forward onto the nearest shoulder. It's Camila, you can tell after a few seconds. You've known these shoulders for quite awhile. You start shaking your head and feel her own head rest itself on yours to stop your nervous noggin movement. Lauren has stepped away from the hug to to allow Camila access to fix you. After all, she knows your fear of this better than anyone else would.

"Hey," she whispers. "Hey, buttmunch. Can I tell you something?"

You shake your head 'no'.

"Well sucks," she continues. "Because guess what? To tell you the truth, I didn't think I would ever get you this far," she says quietly, playing with your hair using the hand that isn't hugging you. "I would have never imagined, that you, the one who was afraid to sing in the shower at my house until like 3 years ago, would be standing in front of a recording studio with me, ready to meet with my manager and a talent scout."

"Yeah, me either," you mumble into her neck.

"But hey," she lifts her shoulder, nudging your head. "We made it this far. And I'll be there with you the whole time, and I'm sure Lauren will be too," Camila lifts her head off of yours and calls this last part out to Lauren. "Right Laur?"

"Um...Yeah?" You don't look up, but you hear Lauren's confused response, more than likely due to the fact that she only heard Camila's two worded question.

"Correct answer!" Camila cheered, wiggling around to get you to move. You pick up your head and look at Camila, who is looking at you very much like you could be Sofi. You have a conversation with your eyes, consisting of you looking scared as shit, and her reassuring you. Camila softly reminds you of the following.

"I'll be right by your side. I promise," she says earnestly, taking your hands in hers. "I know you can do it. You," she pokes your nose, causing you to smile. "You just have to believe it too, okay?"

"....Fine, let's get this over with," you sigh begrudgingly, but you're smiling softly. Camila claps and starts walking towards the doors.

"Yay!" Lauren's front meets your back, and her arms wrap around your waist. She rests her head on your shoulder and whispers in your ear. "It's not gonna be scary, so don't freak yourself out. A little singing, a little getting to know everybody, simple stuff. But if you do get scared, you can always hold my hand, I'll keep it within reach at all times, okay?" She waits for you to answer her with a nod before she releases your waist and grabs your hand, leading you up to where Camila was waiting, just in front of the automatic sliding doors. Once you reach Camila, she takes your other hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze, then shoots an encouraging smile in your direction before walking into the building.