Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Damien’s P.O.V:

“Hello, anyone home?” I yelled entering my house and slamming the door behind me.  It had been three hours since I dropped Bianca off to her house and everything was silent except for the clattering pots and pans in the kitchen.

“In here.” My mom’s voice called from the kitchen.

We lived in a medium sized house. The furniture was antique and the walls hadn’t been painted in a while. The windows were shielded by pale curtains and the lightly blotchy walls were covered with many paintings and family photos. We weren’t poor if that’s what you were thinking. But we certainly did not live in an upper class neighborhood like Bianca did. My dad was the chief of police and that gave us a decent amount of cash. My parents were all about rules. But they never really knew what happened behind the scenes of their not-so-lovely- son’s life. I quickly put on my hood and sunglasses and ran as fast as I could up to the stairs, but just as I was about to reach my room, “Damien, where are you going?” my mom said clearly right behind me. I let out a long sigh.

“I’m going to my room.” I mumbled and started to go up the stairs again.

“Stop, and turn around. When you talk to someone you always have to look them in the eye.” She said calmly.

I slowly turned around. My mom was a petite woman with curly black hair and pale skin.

“Take off the hood and the glasses those are not for inside.” She pointed out.

I pulled off the hood and lowered my sunglasses to the neckline of my shirt leaving them hanging there.

She gasped when she saw my wounded face. She threw one hand over her mouth and the other reached out to caress my face.

“My baby. Who did this to you?” she let out a small whimper.

“It’s no big deal.” I said letting out a breath of relief.

“I don’t want you mixed up in this kind of stuff. I won’t stand to see my own son like this, Alright? And if anyone gives you trouble, just tell your father I’m sure he can take care of it. I can’t stand to lose you like I lost her.” She smiled weakly, but that last line tore her to pieces. Oh if she only knew. Her words were bringing back memories I just couldn’t push away.  

“Don’t tell dad.” I pleaded. Every next word I said was a bigger struggle than the previous.  

She nodded hesitantly pulling me into a hug.

“I’m off to bed, I’m tired.” I said glancing down at the ground pulling back from her. You need to leave Damien.

“What about school? Is this why you didn’t go today?” she asked her strict side back.

“Yeah, but I’ll go tomorrow.” I explained trying to make the situation seem less bad.

I didn’t turn around to look at her I just rushed off to my room. I jumped on my bed as soon as I saw it. I hadn’t slept all night. I had to watch over Bianca, and the floor wasn’t too comfortable.

 As soon as my head hit the pillow, my mind started flooding with bad thoughts. What my mom said was eating me alive. I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I missed her. There was nobody like her. My mom lost a daughter, but I lost everything that I ever cared about. My sister, my best friend. But worst of all, I lost myself.

And then, my eyes became weak the tears drying on my cheeks, and I drifted off into a deep sleep.