Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Damien’s P.O.V

I stepped out on the ring and looked straight at my opponent. It wasn’t him, but I still needed to do it. And I’d keep on doing it until I found him. The poor guy in front of me didn’t know what was coming his way. He seemed to be an amateur around the age of sixteen. His ego was big as he smirked at me his green eyes glistening.

“You ready to get destroyed?” his annoying voice slurred. Typical, first fight ever but so full of confidence.

“Yeah, whatever you say little man.” I returned his sarcastic wink. The referee blew the whistle and the crowd roared in excitement. The guy tried to punch me but I ducked and he missed terribly.

“Is that all you got?” I taunted him. He started to growl as he lunged forward but fell when I moved.

“Coward.” I heard him mumble under his breath. That was it. The only word needed to light the fire inside of me.  My fists were clenched as I took a swing at my opponent knocking him straight in the jaw. I kept on punching him as I stood over his bruised and bleeding body. I couldn’t stop myself. I threw several more hard hits until my vision started to get blurry. I knocked him out. . No one calls me a coward.

I faintly heard the referee count down from 10 urging him to get up and continue. But he didn’t. Suddenly the crowd erupted in loud screams and cheers. I had just won this underground fight. Everyone was chanting my name. My knuckles were bleeding and my body was sore, but I got out of the ring to meet my coach’s huge grin.

“Yeah, Damien! My man, I knew you could do it.” Coach yelled over the crowd giving me a huge hug.

“Well, they don’t call me the Stryker, for nothing.” I smirked at him and returned his manly form of a hug. Coach laughed as he led me back to the changing room.

“So listen, outside there’s a few men waiting to sign you to their label. They want you to fight under their name. They promised to pay you in cash after each fight. You up for it?” coach said as he put a muscular arm on my shoulder.

“I don’t know, I gotta talk to them first.” I said sitting down on the bench and taking a long sip from a water bottle.

“Yeah no worries, they’re right outside actually.”

I stepped out of the changing room to see three muscular guys in suits staring at me.

“Damien Stryker.” The one in the middle said as he smiled and shook my hand. He seemed to be in his early forties. He had black hair with some gray streaks going through it. His eyes were pure blue ice.

“My name’s Vance Radner I own the underground fighting label “VR Fight” and we would like to sign you up for it. Seeing how well you fight, I must say we were very impressed. “Vance said looking back at the two men, which seemed to be his body guards.

This was my first fight in over a year. Although I’m not the biggest fan of beating people to pulp, I must say it can be exhilarating. And plus, I have to fight. The more I fight the better chance I get at finally finding him, the guy who took what meant most to me, and I guess it wouldn’t hurt earning some dollars along the way.

“How about you give us a call, yeah?” Vance said handing me a company card.

“Yeah I’ll do that.” I smiled weakly. Vance and his men left shortly after that, leaving only coach Will and I.

“You know, this whole Vance thing could be a great leap for you.” Will said as we walked back in the changing rooms.

“Listen Will, I am only fighting because I have to and you know damn well why.” I snapped at him as I got out of the warehouse. Not realizing that he had followed me out.