~Chapter 4~

"Brody. Brody come on, get up!", I was standing in the doorway of Brody's room trying to wake him up. It's 6:45, we have 15 minutes to get to the beach before we're late.

"Luna, it's so early!", he rolled out of bed and stretched his arms. "Remember, you chose this over trash.", I walked out of his room to go grab my phone and keys.

Brody ran down the stairs in his blue shorts with no shirt on. I couldn't help but stare until he snapped his fingers in my face, snapping me out of my trance. I've never seen a man with that many abs! I looked like a work of art!

"I know my abs are beautiful but we've got to go.", I rolled my eyes at him and we headed out. "So did you enjoy it at all yesterday?", I asked. "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." "Good.", I smiled at him. "I don't have to ask you how much you like it.", he said. "Not like, love!"

We made it to the beach and was greeted by Mitch. "How did it go yesterday?", Mitch asked. "Amazing!", I said, cutting Brody off. Mitch laughed at my response before saying, "Great! Go get to your tower and get started."

Brody and I started toward tower 1 to start our day off. I unlocked the door, letting both Brody and I inside. Walking over to the control table, I switched everything on. "I hope something more exciting happens today.", Brody said. As soon as he said that, a voice came over the radio. "Everyone out the boat! There's a ship on fire!", Mitch's voice said through the radio.

I ran out of the tower and to the boat, Brody right behind me. We jumped in and Stephanie took off towards the ship. "Trainees stay on board!", C.J. yelled to us. Stephanie stopped in front of the ship and her and C.J. jumped in to pull the people Mitch had already thrown overboard on to our boat.

Summer and I started tending to the people on the boat, making sure they were okay and everything when I heard Stephanie yell, "Brody, don't go under that fire!" I looked back to see Brody going under water to get to a person that Mitch had just thrown off the boat.

There was no where to go under there. The fire stretched around the ship and a couple yards toward it. If no one helped him he was going to drown under there. Without thinking I dove under water to where he was and pulled him back to the boat, helping him up on it. 

Brody started coughing up water and catching his breath. I looked down at him before saying, "Why do you have to be such a dumb ass!", only loud enough for the both of us to hear. I left him laying on the side of the boat and walked back to Summer and the saved passengers.

Summer gave me a look, like she was asking me if I was okay. I gave her a nod and started checking on everyone again. Stephanie jumped back in the boat and I sat down in one of the seats, not wanting to lose balance and fall. Brody sat across from me and I could feel him staring at me but I didn't look at him.

Brody could have died under there, and honestly if he had, a little part of me would have died with him. I'm not sure I would have been able to take it.

***

Brody and I didn't speak the rest of the day, avoiding each other on the beach and in the tower. It was the end of the day and I knew that we would eventually have to speak since he was staying with me.

Still, we walked home in silence, not letting a single word out. I walked inside and laid all my stuff down on the kitchen counter. "What did I do wrong?", Brody asked walking into the kitchen behind me.

"What did you do?! Brody, you could have died under there, only because you wanted to look cool! I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if you had died and I did nothing to try and save you. I'm a better person when I'm with you. If you had died, hell, there's no telling what I would do.", tears were starting to fall down my face as I confessed everything to him.

Brody wrapped his arms around me in a hug, letting me cry in his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Luna.", he said when I pulled out of his hug. I didn't say anything, I smashed my lips against his in a hard kiss. He returned it, kissing me even harder.

Before I knew it, I was up against the wall, the kiss never breaking. My fingers played in his hair as he rubbed my back with his. We finally pulled away, smiling at each other. "I think we both needed that.", I said, still smiling. 

He nodded and went back in to kiss me again, but I ducked and started running up the stairs. He chased after me, sprinting up the stairs behind me, catching me in the hallway from behind, both of us laughing. I turned around his arms still around and placing small, gentle kisses on his lips.

I pulled away and started walking to my room. I got in bed and sat against the headboard. He walked in and laid down beside me. "Not staying in your room?", I asked. "I think I like it better in here.", I laid down beside him and nestled my head into his chest.

We slowly fell asleep there together in each others arms.