0.1

Minji's POV:

I'd never given much thought to my future.

But now, sinking in the frigid water under Han River Bridge with bubbles casting over my eyes, I can't help but wonder. I don't remember falling, but I remember being pushed. By who? I couldn't tell you.

Maybe if I had stopped and turned around, things would be different.

The important thing is that I didn't.

My heartbeat is slow while my eyes wander the the mysteries beneath the water. It's too dark to see anything but the ever shining light trickling down towards the never ending bottom.

A single puff of air sends sparkling diamonds up to the surface, liquid filling my lungs until I start to sink. Who would've thought that my life would come to an end at the age of 20.

I certainly didn't.

My mind starts to play tricks on me. A single hallucination of my parents floating in the underneath along with me, crying over their lost daughter. I feel my eyes roll into the back of my head, my temperature matching with that of the water around me.

If I had done one thing differently, would my fate have changed?

~

Beep. Beep.

I take a sharp intake of air, my eyes widening while trying to make sense of the blurs of white. The sudden brightness of my new surroundings must be heaven, for it's all to obvious that I'm dead.

"Hello?" I Call out, looking left and right at the emptiness of where I am.

My fingers trace along the thin blanket that covers my legs, and I quickly throw it off of me. Somehow everything about me looks normal, which perhaps makes sense if I'm dead.

But that doesn't explain why I'm in a hospital bead surround by complete nothingness as far as the eye can see.

Is this what being dead is?

Fear starts to prick at the very edge of my skin as the hair in my back begins to stand up. A single note is stuck to the railing of my bed, curiosity begging me to read what is written.

I carefully pluck the note in between two shaky finger tips, bringing it to my eyes.

What your about to see is what your life could've been. Everything you feel, touch, taste, hear, and see, was what should've been, but never was. Everything will feel real, but it's not. The pain felt by those the young left behind is great, but the punishment for the young who left them by their own doing is greater. Here is what you had out in front of you, but didn't get to see.

My eyebrows furrow while reading the note. Am I just dreaming? Here it seems to be inferring that I committed suicide... did I? Of course not.

"Um," I clear my throat, confused as to who I'm talking to, "I think there has been a mistake. I was pushed-"

I stop talking when the bed starts to spin. A small yelp escapes my throat sending my fingers grasping onto the edges of the bed for support. I close my eyes, almost feeling nauseous at the sudden movement.

"Minji-Ssi? Can you hear me?"

My eyes flutter open to a white hospital room, strangely resembling where I just was. As I try to focus, I can't help but ignore the strange glitches at the very corners of my vision.

"Minji-Ssi? How are you feeling?"

I blink a few times at the nurse who is examining me. Is this the life that note was talking about? Or am I actually alive?

"What happened?" I breath out.

"You fainted after your final year exam. Your classmate brought you here," she explains.

"But I thought I fell off the bridge?" I shake my head.

"Minji-Ssi, I think it's best if you get some rest. It's apparent in your blood work that you are lacking vitamin D, as well as not supplying your body with enough water. You were heavily dehydrated," She smiles kindly at me, checking my IV drip.

"O-oh," I stutter, feeling oddly guilty.

"You'll be staying here over night just to be safe. Your parents have yet to call us back," She says before leaving.

"Okay..." I trail off, subconsciously pinching myself.

It's true. I can feel, touch, taste, hear, and see everything, but how do I know it's real? Have I gone insane.

A sudden cough from the bed beside me startles me, sending me flying to my pillow. Why am I acting asleep? It's only the patient next to me.

Maybe she has some answers.

"Excuse me?" I call out quietly.

I wait for an answer but am only met with footsteps from outside.

"Hello?" I ask again, this time a hand appearing on the curtain next door.

"Can I help you?"

I'm surprised to be met with a male's face, a few breathing tubes snakes around his face after the curtain slides to the side.

"Am I alive?" I ask him, his eyebrows furrowing together.

Suddenly, as if my brain decided to throw away a bunch of important information all at once, I forget time I spent underwater entirely. Everything I read on that note is just, poof, gone.

"You look pretty alive to me," He chuckles, coughing up a storm right after.

I scratch the back of my neck, not knowing the huge blank I've just created in my mind. Now, the life I'm currently living is real, which will only hurt worse in the end.

But I don't know that.

"What's wrong with you?" I tilt my head to the side curiously.

"I breathed in some fireworks," He answers, pointing to the tubes up his nose.

I laugh, "how does that even happen?"

"It happens more often than you think... especially for idols," the last part he mumbles as if he doesn't want me to know, so I decide to ignore it as a result.

"Well, you should be more careful," I shrug, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah? What about you? Why are you here?" He asks in a sort of aggravated manner.

"Apparently I fainted after taking my exam," I sigh, not remember the events before then that clearly.

"Wow, so predictable," He leans back in his bed.

"What?" I scoff.

"I was hoping for a more exciting story," He raises his eyebrow at me.

I laugh at him, an perhaps that was his motive.

"Anyways I'm Min Yoongi, what's your name?"