"I want to speak to Tamlin. A conversation with him is long overdue." Feyre pulled him back to the sofa and propped her feet on his knees. "So let's wait for him."

Azriel found a seat by the window and stared out of it, monitoring the area for Tamlin's arrival. The room was quiet until Mor emitted a very loud squeal. Azriel jumped slightly and heard Nesta tut as he turned to see what the commotion was about.

"Am! Did anyone see that?! I did it! The card, it - it went - EEEEEEE!" Mor squealed again and Amren sighed.

"Ugh, I need to get away from this." She stood up and turned toward the kitchen.

"Hey! I'm a magician now! Don't leave..." Mor pouted. Amren spun and looked at The Morrigan critically.

"That is not magic. This is magic." And, without moving a muscle, the pack of cards turned to ashes in Mor's hands. Mor flourished her middle finger at Amren and huffed as she stood and started setting up the chess set.

Amren smirked. "You know no one will ever play with you. Chess requires patience, and, well you - " Amren was cut off by the bell ringing.

Feyre stood up. "Maybe we shouldn't all be here. I mean, there are a lot of us..."

Azriel could see what Feyre meant. A combination of the 3 most powerful Illyrian warriors of all time, The Morrigan, a being older than time itself and a female who held the King of Hybern's head in her hands would be rather intimidating.

Amren was opening the door before anyone could stop her. "Nonsense. The little High Lord can handle it."

***

Tamlin schooled his face into neutrality as the door swung open. He squeezed Asta's hand and glanced down at her. Her eyes gleamed with excitement at this drastic change in scene. He looked up and groaned internally.

"You're late." Did it have to be the demon who answered the door? Tamlin tried not to scowl.

"May I come in?" Tamlin tried to lead Asta into the threshold, but the small female made to shut the door.

"What's your business here?" She asked mouth curling into a malicious grin. Tamlin tried and failed not to roll his eyes.

"If your Shadowsinger is doing his job right then you know exactly what - " He was cut off by a yell from inside the house.

"Amren, for Cauldron's sake, close the door! You are letting the cold in!"

Amren reluctantly reopened the door and Tamlin ushered Asta indoors, ignoring Amren's disdainful stare. He breathed in deeply before facing the rest of Feyre's court.

They weren't as... terrifying as he had been imagining. Even the Shadowsinger looked relaxed, sitting by the fire next to the Morrigan, seemingly absorbed in a game of chess, but Tamlin wasn't stupid enough to fall for that. The other Illyrian was even less frightening. He was... Tamlin couldn't be sure, but it looked like Feyre's sister was braiding his hair, and he was holding a book above his head which she was reading intently.

"Turn," Nesta said, eyes not leaving the page but her fingers moving deftly through his hair. Cassian obediently turned the page.

"Stop moving!"Nesta said, yanking slightly on Cassian's mop. Cassian rolled his eyes but stopped fidgeting. Tamlin finally turned to the High Lord and Lady of the Night Court.

Feyre was still beautiful, but he found the breath wasn't knocked from his lungs when he saw her. Rhysand's face no longer brought about that overwhelming envy. They both stood, Rhys' hand braced against Feyre's back. Tamlin cleared his throat, aware of that he held the attention of everyone in the room. (Except for maybe Nesta.)

"I came to talk to you, Feyre." Tamlin was pleasantly surprised to find the mention of Feyre's name didn't make him flinch. "And you." He nodded in Rhys' direction.

Feyre nodded.

"Let's go upstairs," Rhys said, and Feyre nodded again.

"It's this way," Feyre started to leave the room. Tamlin knelt so he was at Asta's eye level.

"Can you stay down here? I won't be long," He said. Asta nodded. Tamlin stood and turned to the rest of the room. "If a hair on her head is harmed - "

"Yes, yes, don't worry, she's in good hands," Amren drawled, sprawled on the couch. Tamlin growled.

"If you go anywhere near her I swear to the Cauldron -"

"Don't worry, I'll keep her away from Amren's bad influence," Mor interrupted. Tamlin nodded once and made for the stairs. The last thing he saw of the charming room was Asta being led to the couch by the blond warrior, smiling at her shyly.