Red (English) Revised Ver.

Chapter 1

I took a step backward, leaning against the wooden door frame. Thoughts rushed down my skull, starting from a single color to it dividing and casts its way into many different forms.

To the thought of the world's contents being so meaningful in the same time not gave me a humorless soft smile. Bitter, that's how I explain my current feeling.

Love is a bloody thing, they're both red for some reason and seriously contains a lot of differences. Love is a chemical reaction, blood is a gooey liquid beyond our flesh. The thing here is, they're both deadly.

I can't stop myself from defying that rush, it's just wrong in so many levels.

My mother suffered depression because of it. Now, my older brother is in front of my eyes lying helplessly down the hospital bed.

The only sound forming inside the room is his heavy breathing and the air conditioner. I'm grateful he's still alive, though unfortunately, he broke a few bones and had a huge scar on his head.

Emotions can carry me everywhere, and I never can control it. My heart is scarred without a direct contact affecting my own opinions, only considering platonic love the right thing.

Stupid? Nope, I won't consider that.

A shuffle resounded throughout the room. My head cracked out of its thoughts and ran towards the bed on impulse, allowing my barely binded chocolate hair fall completely on my back, leaving the hair tie stumble its way to ponyland.

I turned around the heel of the bed and faced the wimpy condition of my brother, worry evident to my pale face caused by the lack of sleep. "Jeff?" I started anxiously, but there was no response. "Jefferson, are you awake?"

Still, silence rushed through.

I sarted to panic. No, no, no, wake up you bastard!

My system bubbled up with more and more anxiety. I ended up slapping my own self to try and reduce the worry, nibbling on my nails and carefully pinching his cold palm. I was horrified, doubt filling me up.

I loved him more than his clingy nasty-type of a girlfriend whose eyes glow with dollar signs. We might not agree on a few stuffs, but he and my mother are all I have.

Tears slowly formed. I can't, I just can't bear to see them give them selves up even if its the end of their line.

I decided, I'm going to get the doctor and ask if Jefferson is okay. My legs shakingly walked two feet towards the door when I heard another shuffle.

The cold temperature went numb. I turned around to see if my brother is finally awake though unfortunately, I hit a cupboard, real hard.

Unpleasant words formed shapes on my mouth but only sounding in my mind, dissing the plank.

You biotch piece of wood, I'm going to shove you into a freaking shredder and throw you in the hottest volcano with marshmallows bigger than baymax floating above so that fudging Jupiter think you're sprinkles on hot cocoa, but since gou're nasty and all, he'd probably throw up and explode paying his own debts because he kept on insulting poor old pluto!

I was never good at insults, but I always bring up the weirdest, lamest revelations that could melt your eyeballs ― whatever that means.

My thoughts snapped out when I heard a soft, familiar chuckle. "Should I be awarded an oscar?" He said through his oxygen mask.

I faced him. I bit the side of my lower lip, trying to conceal my tears. My eyes narrowed at him as my face heated up and stomped towards his place, "You made me look stupid. I thought you were dead!"