"Stay in bed." I pouted.

"That is very tempting." Xavier said as he pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. "I suppose ten minutes wouldn't hurt."

"Why do you have to get up?"

"Because I have work to do."

"What kind of work?"

"The kind that involves long hours poring over research."

"Research? Why do you need to research?"

"Because I still need to find my father and put an end to his extortion."

"I thought the trail went cold."

"It did. That's why I have to do some research. Figure out where he's going."

I sat up then and Xavier followed suit. "Want some help?"

"I don't want you to feel obligated,"

"Shut up, I'm helping you." I cut him off and stretched again. "Come on, maybe I can help."

"I can't argue with this face," Xavier kissed me then we got dressed and went down for breakfast. James was the only one at the table.

"Xavier, you're up early." James greeted around a bite of toast. "Good morning, Juliet. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah Dad, thanks."

"Xavier, are you continuing your search?"

"Yes, sir."

"If you need any of my resources, you're welcome to them." James offered as he stood. "I must be off. Juliet, do you need anything?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks Dad."

Dad went on to whatever official business he had going on and Xavier and I ate quickly so as he could start his research.

"What are you looking for?"

"I've been tracking his credit transactions, where he's gone, what he's been after. I'm finding patterns and where he might be hiding."

"Yesterday, you mentioned he might have had something to do with what happened to me."

"Maybe, but I don't have any proof."

"What makes you think that then?"

"Just a feeling. I'm rarely wrong."

"Should I be worried?"

Xavier looked up and grabbed my hand. "No. I won't let anyone who would harm you anywhere near you again."

"So you're just going to be next to me for the rest of my life?"

"I have no objection to that." Xavier smiled.

"What are you saying, babe? You're being silly."

"I was serious you know. When we were talking in the hospital. I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you. And I'd be happy to protect you the rest of my life."

"Babe, what are you talking about?"

"Juliet, I love you. I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't know what you're thinking, but you're kind of freaking me out."

"I almost lost you again. That is not something I could live with."

"Xavier, you're getting kind of weird on me."

"Sorry, darling. Just know I love you."

"I love you too, babe."

Xavier kissed my forehead before he went back to his research.