"Shut up Prongs," Remus pushed passed the bespectacled boy towards Joséphine. "Are you alright?"

Joséphine only nodded her head as she didn't know if she could say anything if she opened her mouth. The others looked at her in worry, seeing her shivering body and paling physique. It looked as if someone had pushed her in the Black lake in winter, that's how blue her lips were turning.

"Maybe we should head back inside? Lunch will be served now anyway." Alice piped up from her spot next to Frank.

Everyone made noises of agreement, even though they had planned to stay outside most of the day, everyone could see how affected Josie was and didn't want to chance her getting any worse than she was now, so they all made their way back inside the castle, with Sirius' arm over the French girls shoulders to provide her comfort.

▪️

"You're so fucking cute," Remus sighed as he sat next to Joséphine at the Gryffindor table. "You look like the cutest bloody penguin in the whole world."

Josephine stared open mouthed at the sandy haired boy, who took off his Gryffindor scarf and wound it around her neck. Despite being halfway through lunch, and eating hot soup and warm tea at Lily's request, Joséphine was still freezing and doing anything to bring herself warmth.

Once the scarf was around her neck, she suddenly smelt cinnamon and some kind of aftershave. Remus smelled nice, and the scarf felt like a warm hug from him, which she heard from Sirius, were the best.

"Y-you don't have to."

"Don't worry, like I said you look so cute." Remus cut her off with a wave of her hand. "Plus I didn't need it anymore, it felt like it was choking the fuck out of me."

Joséphine didn't know how to answer the boy. She had never heard someone swear the way Remus just had, nor had she seen anyone act like it was normal the way her friends did. When Lily caught sight of Joséphines shocked face she only smiled at the girl who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"You'll get use to it," She laughed. "Remus swears like a sailor."

"I do not!" Remus protested, only for the rest of the group to laugh this time. "Bloody pricks." He mumbled under his breath after that.

"What's a sailor?" Joséphine cocked her head, causing the group to just laugh harder at her cluelessness.

"James and I were the most shocked," Sirius spoke from the left side of Joséphine. "We had never heard that kind of language before due to our upbringing, so we had to get used to his crassness as well."

Joséphine smiled at that, at least she wasn't the only one who was clueless at some of the things her friends said. Like when Lily would talk about someone called Jesus and Cher, Joséphine usually felt like an idiot.

"Hopefully I do," Joséphine sighed, rubbing her forehead when she felt a headache coming on. She knew she was getting sick from being out in the cold too long and she hated it. Because when she was sick or distracted, it lead to her slipping on important things.

Like right now, her Leglimens was getting out of hand. She wondered if she shared the same skills with James and Sirius. She knew that most traditional purebloods train their children in the arts of occlumency and leglimency from their 7th birthdays, and she wondered if they too had been taught it.

She had readily learned the skill when she was younger, eager to please her mother in anyway that she could. And while most kids were taught the basics to keep their mind protected, Joséphine had gone further in the hope that she would make her mother proud. It had taken her seven hard years to master the craft, with her only being able to read people's mind when she was 15 years old. She had thought it was a beautiful gift to have, and had eagerly undergone the tough process to learn it during her summer years and weekends at school.