Confusion and a new resolution

Start from the beginning

Marie: WHAT!!??

Ahri: What you heard, if this kid over here is going to be your father then I'll take the roll of the mother, because you both need it.

Asriel was looking down in shame for his bad parenthood, while he was questioning himself how to be a better parent, he was left alone with Ahri, but didn't noticed it.

Ahri: Hey! would you kindly return to reality?

Just as she said, he returned to reality and looked around searching for the others.

Ahri: They are already on their way to the old tree, listen here I want to talk with you, in private.

Asriel gave her a confused look, then nodded signaling he was ok with it.

Ahri: I know there only been four days, since we know each other, and three days since you became "father", but you seriously need help to raise that kid. And help on your life in general, you are almost as childish as Marie.

Asriel looked down ashamed one more time.

Ahri: Look, I'm not blaming you for anything, you barely know anything and the things you know makes you question yourself how you know them, I'll be honest, to me you are still a child, at least on your mind. That's why I want you to let me help you with her. Let me help you in general.

Asriel gave her a surprised look, but still he was genuinely happy for her offer, so he nodded energetically, making Ahri chuckle at this.

Ahri: You really are cute, if you need help, don't doubt and just tell me, ok?

He stood there for a second, smiling at her, and finally hugged her, Ahri was surprised at the beginning but she returned the hug, when they separated he grabbed her arm and started running to the old tree to eat, she smiled at his childish actions and let him be.

When they arrived, everyone was waiting for them to start eating.

Marie: There you are, why did you take so long? You didn't do anything to papa right? You stupid fox.

Ahri was going to reply but Asriel moved faster than her and stood in front of Marie with an angered face, signaling her with his finger and then signaling Ahri.

Ruby (whispering): What is he trying to say?

2B (whispering): I don't know.

Ahri: He is telling you to say sorry.

Marie: What? Of course n...

Asriel nodded to Ahri's comment, pointing to the ground as trying to say "right now"

Marie: But...

She received a severe look from her treasured dad, finally giving up and apologizing to Ahri.

Marie: I'm sorry.

But her dad kept looking at her, telling her it wasn't enough.

Marie: I'm sorry for calling you stupid, and I won't call you like that again.

Asriel made a satisfied look on his face and sat down at his daughter side, Ahri smiled seeing him acting like a father for the first time and sat down too, right at his side. An improvised table was in front of them, with dishes and glasses filled with water.

Ruby: No matter how many times I see this, I still can't believe you made all of this with magic, Ahri you really are amazing.

Ahri: Something like this is easy for a mage of my level.

She showed a proud face with a cocky smile, actually, every single dish, glass, spoon, kitchen knife and other kitchen utensils where made by her easily. She was a mage back on her world so something of this level was like a child play.