Wild flames

-Third person POV-

Ahri was standing in front of a weakened Kurumi. Rage was visible in the devilish girl's eyes before she passed out, falling backwards onto the grass.

The kumiho made a relieved expression. Exhausted, she started to walk towards the unconscious girl, but a sudden phenomenon stopped her. A hand was emerging from Kurumi's chest, covered in her blood. Slowly, the hand started to slide out of her.

When the entire arm was visible, it used the ground as a support, letting another arm burst out. Ahri stood there dumbfounded, seeing a person coming out of the chest of the enemy.

Ahri: Tch! Another clone?

But her suspicions were wrong. She noticed this after seeing the torso of the person going out: a man. She easily recognized his white hair and fox ears.

Ahri: Asriel!

Soon after six black tails made their way out of the body of Kurumi, helping him more. It was like he was being sucked back into her. After freeing himself completely, he pulled out his last two tails.

Two beautiful girls were pulled out of the bloodied body of Kurumi. Ahri recognized one of them while the other seemed to be a complete stranger to her. Asriel laid the girls gently on the ground at his side right after, he stood up and walked towards Kurumi, kneeling right at her side and covering his right hand with the colorful flames of Camael.

Ahri: Asriel!

She ran to his side, ignoring completely the unconscious girls resting not too far from her beloved one, kneeling at his side.

Ahri: W-What are you doing!? Why are you healing her?

He turned to her and answered with a kind and warm smile. He didn't say anything, he just healed her and then rested his head on Ahri's chest. She stood there with a surprised expression.

Silence fell in the field. Only the wind was howling. Ahri let Asriel rest his head in her lap, and started to caress his hair with a sad smile.

Ahri: You idiot, I knew you'd end up like this.

*

Ahri remained in the same place waiting for everyone around her to wake up; though the first one to do so was Kurumi.

She sat up in the grass and looked around, confused. Her eyes then met Ahri's. She stood up with an angered expression and yelled at her.

Kurumi: You should have killed me when you had your chance!

Ahri looked at her with an irritated face and put her finger in front of her mouth.

Ahri: Shhhhh! Let him rest.

Kurumi: What!?

She contemplated the scene in front of her. Ahri was caressing the hair of the same man she devoured hours ago. Behind her, the other two girls she devoured were in a perfect state, resting unconscious on the ground.

Kurumi: H-how did...?

Ahri: Even if you ask me, I don't know. He just popped out of your chest, carrying them.

After saying that, she felt Asriel's head moving a little. He opened his eyes slowly and sat up calmly at her side, yawning and stretching, as if he were just waking up from a nap.

Asriel: *sigh* I feel so much better now.

He saw the two girls looking at each other with hatred.

Asriel: Wow.

He didn't say any more, he just stood up and looked around, walking towards the other unconscious girls right after seeing them. Ahri stood up and followed him, while Kurumi just stood there with a hand over her chest with a shocked expression.