Finding A Cure

Kaos had been defeated and sent off to Cloudcracker prison along with those who were corrupted in the process. Cynder walked through the corridor holding each Skylander, Stealth Elf happened to be with her. Luckily the two of them weren't shot with the traptanium, but the rest of the captains didn't have the same luck, each one of them ended up being here, Flameslinger the only fire element here besides Eruptor, who didn't get very far with his distraction unlike Flameslinger. Cynder stared longingly into the cell holding Spyro, he seemed almost weak, though the smile on his face remained along with the rest. The more she walked down, the more she took notice, they each were using up so much magical energy it was practically killing them.

Even the newer entries were growing weak, Flameslinger had the worst of it all. His wrists were chained on the ground in dead center of his cell, anything inside would surely burn to ash, then the ash would be incinerated. He panted heavily, a low growling sound came from him as he weakly struggled against the chains. Stealth Elf stared into the cell with lowered ears and a sad gaze. Though the two of them jumped and backed away from the clear blue wall as he screamed, the room inside catching fire until a type of foam filled the room, then Flameslinger fell to the ground.

"What... just happened?" Cynder just asked, Drobot had pressed a small button on a remote.

"The foam puts his fire out and knocks him out, it's better than hearing his screams..." Drobot said sadly, the foam in the cell slowly disappeared.

"Traptanium did this... have you tried removing them?" Cynder asked, Drobot sighed and nodded.

"It's like it's apart of them, I can't figure it out and... their screams make it worse..." Drobot said, looking towards the ground. He spends day and night here trying to figure this out, listening to them scream and bang against the walls seem to be driving him insane, he hated locking his friends- his family up.

"I'll ask Master Eon, I'll contact you if I find anything." Stealth Elf said before the girls left him alone. He stared back into the cell, putting his metal paw on the light blue wall.

"Don't worry... I'll fix this soon..." he said, turning away before walking down the corridor. He skimmed through the information he'd gotten, many types of dark magic was used in the making of this, but he didn't know how to remove the gem. What if you didn't remove have to remove it? He pondered this, moving back to the cells, the only one still enough was the only fire elf here. He pressed his paw against a scanner, the light blue wall slowly disappeared, Drobot hesitantly walked in. He eyed the unconscious elf, staring down at the gem. It seemed to still be separate, which confused him, he's tried prying it off but nothing works. Suddenly Flameslinger's eyes popped open, Drobot was out instantly, just in time for him to shoot go to his knees and set the room on fire, the door shut just as a small flame came out.

He panted, though he got a good enough look, it was Traptanium of their element. If they couldn't get the Traptanium off, then sucking the power out of it would die nicely. That's when it clicked, some traptanium doesn't have an element, but they can suck an element out of another Traptanium gem, perhaps that's how they can be saved. Drobot instantly smiled and let out a cheer through the yells and screams, finally some good out of this.

                                        ~•~

Master Eon had gotten word of Drobot's cure, he thought through it and felt as if it would work. But, elementless traptanium was difficult to find. Though with Kaos gone, it was safe for all kind to journey for these gems. Master Eon sent groups of skylanders, all they needed was enough to save those who were corrupted, a few extras would be nice just in case. Though there weren't very many skylanders left, the elementless Traptanium was slowly building up, soon he would have enough and that caused him to smile.

Now, back to the academy. The ruins, how would he explain this to Flameslinger? How would he feel being held in chains again? He sighed sadly, he wanted to help his Skylanders from their pasts, he wasn't doing a very good job at it. He had already failed them, he let his anger loose on Kaos but that corrupted portal master deserved everything that came his way that day. Hugo was in charge of finding supplies for the new academy, but Master Eon couldn't help but feel... empty. This building was everything to him, his own skylanders destroyed it against their will, he shook the tears away, now was not the time to cry.

Soon, the Skylanders will return to their normals selves, but once they discover they hurt their loved ones, they wouldn't be the same. He continued to go through the little bit of elementless traptanium, hoping to anyone, anything that this would work. He couldn't stand knowing his skylanders were suffering. He wanted to help them, he let out another sigh, this needed to work.

"Master Eon, I have donations from the surrounding villages to help us rebuild." Hugo said, snapping the wise portal master out of his thoughts.

"Thank you Hugo, do your best to keep contacting anyone willing to help." Master Eon replied, Hugo adjusted his large glasses on his face, looking down at the paper in his hands before nodding and dismissing himself. Soon, more Skylanders came.

"Master Eon, our mission was successful but the cave there only had very few to offer." Roller Brawl said as her team handed in the clear gems.

"This will do, see if anyone else needs help." Master Eon replied, Roller Brawl and her team smiled and left. More came in, some Skylanders failed to retrieve any, but now they had enough. Now, they can set the skylanders free from their suffering.