Academy to Ashes

Cynder walked through Cloudcracker prison, Flameslinger with her as the two walked. Snapshot led them towards the corridor that held the Skylanders, Drobot was already there trying to figure this out and how they could stop it. Cynder stared into the cells with saddened looks, seeing her friends like this upset her. But what made her tear up was seeing Spyro drag his claws along the floor as he fired balls of fire at the walls, charging at them only to be hit backwards back onto the floor. The purple gem embedded into his back leg glowed intensely along with the veins running out, until his eyes turned onto her. She felt her stomach sink as he smiled wickedly at her, his pupils so small the redness of his eyes made her scarred. He charged at the door, she jumped and backed away just as he hit it, the clear blue wall had light waves sent out as he was reflected back. She felt a hand on her shoulder, looking up to see Flameslinger attempting to comfort her.

The Skylanders they've lost so far, Spyro, Whirlwind, Chill, Camo, Chopper, Boomer, Jet-vac, Starstrike, And now recently added Fright and Rider, who were in separate cells. Seeing Drobot scan each room, a confused look on his face every time he looked at his screen made her more and more uneasy. She only felt the tears stinging in her eyes the more and more she heard Spyro scream, not out of pain, but out of the unbearable power he now held.

"I'm absolutely stuck, I have no idea how Kaos is doing this, if I don't find out soon, I won't be able to find a cure." Drobot said, Flameslinger sighed sadly as his ears lowered.

"Take as much time as you need, I'll make sure to talk to Master Eon about finding out more information." Cynder said, Drobot nodded and continued away at his work. Flameslinger kept quiet as usual, but he attempted to smile, each time seeming faker and faker. Soon, they were sent off and back to the academy, Drobot had been working day and night to figure this out.

"Do you think we'll be able to fix this?" Flameslinger asked as they rode on Flynn's ship, he desperately hung onto the side, his hands looking like the would break the edge.

"I'm sure, we've always fixed things like this before." She said, a sparkle of hope in her eyes as she watched the clouds roll by.

"What if... that thing you found him working on was a way for the fire skylanders to go.. crazy?" He suggested after a few minutes of silence, she took a deep breath.

"I hope that isn't the case, that would be hell..." she said, his ears stayed lowered as they came up on the academy. Once Flynn landed, they were off the boat instantly, making their way to the double doors until a loud clap of thunder was heard in the distance. Each Skylander in the courtyard turned as the black clouds rolling in, a black castle moving closer and closer.

"Kaos... he's attacking the Academy..." Flameslinger mumbled, soon, the castle was right at the edge along with the large holographic head of Kaos.

"Hello, Skylamoes! I'm sure you've already figured out my plan, so I'll keep this short. Basically I've found out how to turn your toughest against you. BEHOLD!" Kaos yelled, the holographic head glowed a bright red, the glow centered on his forehead until a thin line of red shined, at first nothing happened until a yell escaped from a Skylander. Each looked to see Flameslinger falling to his knees, his hands clawing at his neck.

"Flameslinger? Flameslinger are you okay?" Cynder asked, though she was cautious as she approached him.

"Enjoy your demise Skylanders, watch your academy burn down by the hands of your friend." Kaos said, laughing evilly as the storm clouds slowly disappeared along with the castle. The more Flameslinger tried to fight it, he went from groans and giggles, eventually everyone backed away due to the heat in the surrounding area, everyone looked around as sparks flew, once they looked back, Flameslinger was no longer himself. His blindfold has suddenly gone missing, his fiery eyes now held flames that leaked from his eyes and around his head, around each Skylander things began to catch fire.