Chapter 19

Some mature content ahead. read at your own risk. It's dirty but not that... dirty.

Leo's POV

I was being doubled team. Too many people were surrounding me so I did what any normal person would do. I launched the ball. Hoping that one off my teammates caught ball. Even though we were the same team we were divided into two teams.

But instead of my one of my teammates catching it. It went into the basket. What the hell?

The coach blew his whistle.

"Kennedy get over here now!" Coach yelled. Finally I was released from the guys and I made my way to our coach.

"Yeah coach?" I asked when I finally made it in front of him. He frowned at me.

"What the hell was that?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know. I just wanted to pass the ball. We were getting ready for our first home game that was Saturday the same day as homecoming. I was nervous about all of it. I was going with Aaliyah and I feel like crap because we both know who'd I'd rather go with. But lately she's been acting really weird. Should I tell him I was just trying to pass the ball?

"I uh... I was just trying to uh.."I said stuttering over my words.

"You uhh... uhh... Guess what Kennedy?" He said in mocking voice.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You shut made first string point guard kid." he said before ruffling my hair and shoving me backwards. I chuckled.

"Seriously?" I asked. He slapped my shoulder before saying "Yeah, Congratulations."

I smiled at the coach. I turned around to my teammates. Everyone had a disbelief look on their face. I mean I was new here and I figured what the hell? I was good at my old school in Brooklyn. I had friends there. A girl. But shit went south before we left. When Lennox died it hit hard. Lennox was my twin sister, She'd suffered with leukemia for a while before deciding she didn't want to keep receiving treatments. In the end she had the doctors make her comfortable so that she could basically commit suicide. She did. After that my father and I don't really speak. I was so busy trying to talk her out of it while he supported all of the dumb decisions she made.

My mom thought what she had did was kind of weak, so did I. I feel like my sister could've tried harder. Considering that was when we all found out about my bipolar disorder. My grandmother had it. Believe it or not it's genetic.

After we went over a few more drills we were done and it was time to hit the locker room.

Besides Mickey if we didn't have a game I didn't talk to my teammates. Turned a corner in the locker room. The lockers were tall and red. Each set of lockers were separated by at least five feet. In between the locker were benches. That's where the guys sat talking about girls. I minded my business. I had one. Whether she was ready to let me in or not. She was mine, and I was hers.

"Yo Liz, Imma catch ya later alright? My back hurt and I gotta shit. But good shit today. That game Saturday finna be a breeze" He said slapping my back. I snorted. Leo the Lizard is what the guys are calling me. Like Mickey the Mouse, and Trent the Turtle. They were becoming my friends too.

"Catch you later man." I yelled after him and soon after I heard the door shut again. I grabbed my clothes out of my locker then quickly hit the showers. About five guys still lingered when I got out of the shower.

"Did you guys hear about the Homecoming?" some guy asked his friends. I started grabbing the rest of my things stuffing it all in to my gym bag. Which I should probably drop off before going to Skylar's. She wanted me to come back again tonight. She stuttered when she asked this time though. I had a small smile on my face.