I'm faced with a black shirt, and when I look up to match the person's gaze, I'm face to face with Harry.

"Did ya' hear the news?" He questions jubilantly, obviously amused we've been paired together. Is he not worried? Doesn't he understand the disastrous consequences of us being made to be partners? Of course he doesn't. He's never taken training as seriously as I have.

"Go away." I murmur, eager to talk to Sarah and Mac.

"Oh, come on. You can't be mean to me now. We're partners." Harry continues to taunt me. I have no idea why he doesn't feel the all-consuming dread that I do.

Without a word I shove past him, ignoring his teasing. I don't need to feel worse than I already do.

I quickly stride to Sarah's bed and take a seat next to her.

"Hey, guys." I greet both her and Mac, trying to make nice.

"Hey, Rosy. Did ya' see your partner?" Mac questions kindly enough. I huff in frustration.

"Yeah... that's why I'm here. Harry and I don't exactly get along and I was wondering if maybe... well, if maybe one of you'd like to switch?" I nervously question. Both Mac and Sarah seem surprised, and then they're shaking their heads.

"Sorry, Rosy, we're good like this... Anyway, I doubt Sanders will let you change." Sarah says. I feel betrayed, but know I have no one to blame but myself. Or Harry. Or Sanders. This is all because I chose to work with Harry last night to get to Romanoff's suite. But what other choice did I have? All the other recruits ruined themselves before I even had time to make contact.

"Are you sure?" I try one more time, desperate. I see sympathy clear in both their eyes, but no understanding.

"Sorry..." Mac repeats. I sigh in disappointment and retreat to my own bed. This cannot be happening.

Just as I'm about to get up and check the paper in the mess hall one more time, just to be sure, General Sanders is in the dorm with us.

"Recruits! Time for your first exercise with your partner. Get your track suit on and be up on the field in 5 minutes."

Everyone starts to get ready, and I take a deep breath as I prepare to follow the General out of the dorm. I need to talk to him.

Once I catch up and we're far enough away from the other recruits, I start.

"General Sanders, sir?" I begin. He spins around to acknowledge my presence, but doesn't look pleased to be talking to me.

"Yes, Frasier?" He questions briskly.

"Well, I wanted to talk about the pairings that have been made..." I begin. General Sanders stays silent and I take that as my cue to continue. "See, me and Styles really are not compatible and I was wondering if it was possible-"

"-There won't be any switches. You're paired with Styles. That's final." Sander cuts me off abruptly.

"But-"

"That's final! Now get ready." Sanders loses his temper before demanding I get back to the dorm. I suck in a deep breath to calm myself, and only issue a salute before turning around and walking away.

I can't believe this. I'm really stuck with Harry. What the hell am I going to do? I know we're not going to make it through training, not with the way we act towards each other- the way we feel about each other.

I sulk once I reach the dorm and pull on my track suit lazily. I find that for the first time ever, I'm the last out of the dorm. I just can't face Harry up on the field. It's going to be absolute hell working with him.