Acceptance Vs. Rejection

Chapter 2 is here!

Izuku told me that he didn't get any points. And that One For All back-lashed and hurt him. That's really got to sting. He's been holed up in his room ever since, only coming out for food, using the bathroom, and school. I know he's dreading our rejection/acceptance letters.

About a week after the exam Izuku and I received envelopes in the mail. One for each of us, labeled with our first and last names so we didn't get them mixed up.

I knocked on Izuku's door, "They're here."

He opened the door and gestured me inside. "What does it say?" he asked softly.

"I don't know, I figured we'd open them together." He sighed and I handed him his envelope.

"Three... two... one," as I said one we both tore open our respective envelopes. Inside each was a small projector for each of us.

I assumed it would be a  video message explaining our results. What if Izuku gets rejected and we watch my video and I get accepted? He'd be crushed. "Which one do you want to watch first?" I asked.

He sighed again, "Mine. Let's just get it out of the way."

(A/N: During Izuku's results, all of the things All Might says are quoted directly from the Sub version of the anime. I only made up reader-chan's results speech.)

He pressed play and a holographic projection of All Might in his Hero form appeared. "I am here as a projection!" All Might said, stating the obvious.

"All Might?!" Izuku and I shouted simultaneously.

"Actually, I came to this town to work at UA." So he's working at the UA? "Even if you passed the written exam, you got zero points on the practical exam. Of course, that means you didn't pass..." I cast a glance at my brother. He looked disappointed and a tad ashamed.

"...If that was all there was to it," All Might continued, "First, take a look at this video."

The video was of the girl that helped Izuku before the exam. She asked them to give Izuku some of her points because he had rescued her from the obstacle. "The entrance exam the other day was not graded only on Villain points!" All Might went on, surprising us, "How can a Hero course reject people who save others and do the right thing? Call that lip service? Bring it on! This is a job that requires risking one's life to put that lip service into practice! Rescue points!"

The projection showed an image of Izuku's score. He was ranked in eight place! (A/N: the only reason Izuku is in eighth place instead of seventh is because I put reader-chan in second) With 60 rescue points and no Villain points. Izuku looked shocked. "Izuku Midoriya, 60 points! You pass!"

"This is too crazy..." I heard Izuku mumble with the beginnings of tears in his eyes.

"Come, Izuku Midoriya! This is your Hero academia!"

By now he was fully crying. But unlike normal they were tears of pure joy and relief.

His video cut out but Izuku was still crying. I hugged my brother and he hugged back. "I'm so happy," I heard him whisper, mostly to himself, "I finally get the chance to become a Hero."

I pulled away from the hug, "I'm so happy for you, Izuku."

He wiped his tears away with the back of his hand, "Ready to see your results, (y/n)?"

I nodded and pressed play. My video started with the same short introduction of All Might and his explanation of teaching at UA. Then he got straight to the point of my results, "(y/n) Midoriya, you accumulated a total of 76 points! Congratulations, you pass with flying colors!" All Might said.

76?! I only remember getting 56 points. Then he showed an image of the score board. I was in second place, one point underneath Katsuki. I got 56 Villain points and 20 Rescue points, creating a total of 76 points.

I was confused as to why I was given rescue points and then I remembered that I helped that girl. But that was after the test was over. The examiners were watching the whole time.

"Welcome to the UA, (y/n) Midoriya," All Might said before the video cut off. i would be attending my dream school with my brother. Today was the start of something wonderful.