He'd said he cared her. Stunned and unsettled as she had been, Nadine definitely hadn't been blind to the feeling behind that statement...or that what he felt wasn't so mundane as care—it was probably a big part of why she'd panicked the way she had. That he possibly even lov—she cut the thought off. It was still much to early for him to feel that, wasn't it? She kept what would've been an undoubtedly foolish grin carefully hidden away. But still...it had been there. And a pleased sort of excitement bloomed within her at the idea where there had only been dread and uncertainty before.

He wanted more with her.

And had he ever shown her...in word and deed.

It was astonishing and staggering she still wasn't entirely sure she hadn't dreamed it. And she'd all but admitted she felt the same way back; something equally as irrational and bewildering. It was a startling realization and a step she had never truly dare hope could ever come to pass. One that left her insides squirming happily for all sorts of reasons she couldn't even begin to catalogue, but a development she was more than willing to accept.

Which was a startling development in its own right, really.

But then, she always had gone after things she decided she wanted with both hands. And now that she was finally admitting she wanted Steve? As much more than a friend? As part of her future?

It nearly left her vibrating with anticipation.

And no small measure of determination.

She internally shook her thoughts free. Tempting as it was to dwell on the shift in her relationship with Steve, just as with the things she still had left to tell Barnes, it was not a good time to let it distract her, no matter how pleasant it would be to let it. She needed to focus.

Slowly, Steve circled the vintage Beetle around and around level after level of the Leipzig/Halle Airport's main parking complex. It wasn't hard to find what they were looking for.

Upon reaching Level B6 as they'd been directed, it wasn't hard to pick out the particular vehicle they'd been told to look out for amid the handful of dark sedans it sat among on the far side of the ascending ramp. Sure enough, on pulling up to the pale grey van, a familiar figure was already stepping out of the driver's side.

Despite her reservations in calling him in, Nadine was admittedly glad to see Clint. The man had become a dear friend in the months since the Ultron Fiasco. Arguably even family. He was one of her very few confidants. Him and Laura.

Stepping out himself as soon has he'd manoeuvred the dark blue Beetle into a nearby space, Steve turned, pulling the seat forward to let Nadine slip out behind him.

At the brief, fond glance he spared her before turning to greet Clint, Nadine's cheeks began to warm happily. But she was easily able to contain her reaction, faint smile of her own aside, something that gave her no small amount of satisfaction as she fell into step behind Steve.

"Cap. Ryker," Clint called as the front passenger door of the van opened to reveal a reserved looking Wanda. Nadine stepped around Steve, reaching out to brush a questioning hand against the younger woman's arm. It earned her a tentative but nevertheless certain—if still somewhat uneasy—smile in return. One that turned faintly exasperated as Pietro darted between the front seats and out of the van after her, flashing first his twin then Nadine one of his characteristically cocky grins.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said, clasping Clint's proffered hand. Clint shrugged, sparing Nadine a smile as he caught sight of the way her eyes were beginning to narrow at Pietro's antics.